PDA

View Full Version : I had Kale for dinner and heres the high def photos to prove it.

Redrobes
04-20-2010, 05:23 PM
Surely somebody can do something with these...

Ascension
04-20-2010, 06:36 PM
That's good stuff, man. I use a celery pattern pattern much like this for my forests.

Jaxilon
04-20-2010, 07:49 PM
Heh, they do look like forest. If that's all you ate, I'm thinking you must be a vegetarian....that's a lot of kale!

Coyotemax
04-20-2010, 11:46 PM
I remember picking a lot of kale back in my farm days, but never thought to use it for texture :P
Usually I use moss, but this looks nifty!

Jaxilon
04-21-2010, 01:34 AM
Yeah it totally looks like it belongs on one of those miniature Railroad station models

waldronate
04-21-2010, 02:35 AM
I'm mossly lichen it!

(yes, technically it's a vascular green plant, but that's the first thing that came to mind when I saw it).

ravells
04-21-2010, 03:26 AM
Ohhhhh Groan!!! :)

Redrobes
04-21-2010, 08:18 AM
Its two bits of Kale rearranged in three different ways. And I ate other stuff with it... which was just as well cos it tastes pretty disgusting if you ask me. I'll try it again only if I am diagnosed with an iron deficiency or something.

mearrin69
04-21-2010, 10:18 AM
That's not bad at all. I'll snag them for future use...and it reminds me that I have a ton of model scenery stuff (lichen, etc.) around here for model railroading, mini basing, and so forth. Have to see about photographing some of it.
M

Sigurd
04-21-2010, 12:43 PM
Because anybody eating Kale deserves all the reward I can give. :)

Here is a gif pattern made from the above....

Jaxilon
04-21-2010, 03:59 PM
Here is a test I made during lunch...not much to look at and I was mainly testing out various tools with it and layer stuff but hey, I think it'll work great. Remember, I'm a still a bit of a noob with Gimp and this is just a quickie.

Redrobes
04-26-2010, 08:19 PM
Well done texturers. Heres my stab at something with 20 mins spare tonight even tho I am supposed to be doing something else but that's boring...

I made it seamless using my seamless tut technique - search for that if you think you need to (plug plug heh!) and flattened it with my filter which is now a gimp plugin thanks to RobA known as the Redrobes High Pass filter for which I am duly proud LOL :)

Its still not trees but were getting there. Maybe with many pseudo tree textures I will make it otherwise I will have to build a kite and nail a camera to it. But for the time being try this one.