PDA

View Full Version : cc3 view q

Airith
10-17-2007, 06:52 PM
Hi, just a quick question, I downloaded CC3 View a few days ago, and noticed I could not open any of the downloaded symbols... Some pjimg extension or something. If it's just because I haven't actually bought CC3, then fine, but I don't know why you still are able to download them with the free viewer.

Can I use the symbols? Or are they there just to taunt me to get CC3?

NeonKnight
10-17-2007, 07:39 PM
Hi, just a quick question, I downloaded CC3 View a few days ago, and noticed I could not open any of the downloaded symbols... Some pjimg extension or something. If it's just because I haven't actually bought CC3, then fine, but I don't know why you still are able to download them with the free viewer.

Can I use the symbols? Or are they there just to taunt me to get CC3?

The symbols are property of Profantasy, and as a result, yes you would need to Purchase the Program to get access to the symbols.

This is no different with Dunjinni. I can access the 'Free' User created Symbols, and use them in CC3, but I cannot access any of the Dunjinni Owned Symbols, even if from a free viewer as they are the property of the company in question.

Valarian
10-18-2007, 08:59 AM
I believe that there are a set of encrypted symbol sets that are downloaded with the viewer for CC3. These will allow you to view maps created with the symbols, but won't allow you to use the symbols themselves. For this, you'd have to buy CC3 for the basic symbols and the relevant add-on for the others.