PDA

View Full Version : Hi There

Wolfsunfire
04-26-2010, 08:27 PM
Hello everyone. I'm new around here but have been lurking for a few months. My artistic abilities have been limited to playing table top RPG's and writing stories, but I've always wanted to try my hand at drawing. Then I found map making and have been hooked! The idea of mapping a world for an RPG is fascinating, and I look forward to trying my hand.

I hope to post my attempts on this site and look forward to any suggestions. My next stop is the software forums to see what inexpensive/free programs people recommend, but feel free to add suggestions to this. I'm always open to constructive criticism.

Thanks,
Wolf

Ascension
04-26-2010, 08:29 PM
Sounds like you've got things under control and are headed in the right direction. Glad to have ya here.

Steel General
04-27-2010, 07:41 PM
Welcome Aboard!

arsheesh
04-28-2010, 01:44 AM
Welcome to the Guild Wolfsunfire! Since your bran new, and given your "inexpensive/free" criteria, I would highly recommend checking out GIMP which is a wonderful slightly scaled down freeware version of Photoshop. There are some great tutorials for using GIMP in the tutorials section. Also, Inkscape and Wilbur are somewhat popular free programs as well.

Cheers,
-Arsheesh

NeonKnight
04-28-2010, 07:06 AM
Welcome to the Guild!

Wolfsunfire
04-28-2010, 01:38 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome!