PDA

View Full Version : A tribute!

tilt
05-04-2010, 08:36 AM
So, I was walking along the dusty road - on my way to my next big assignment. The dwarven city I left were pleased with my work but unfortunatly ran out of money and thus had to terminate my contract until they could mine more gold. I decided to return to my hometown of Breakwater and see if there was some work there to be done. It was a cold day the northern winds chilling me and making me oblivious to the sounds the giant made as he stepped round the forest edge.
I looked up as his shadow hit me, sank and took a step back as I fumbled for my sword. He raised his club, I could see its name etched into the side of it in crude letters "GRATION".
"Lower your club - we don't have to fight" I shouted over the wind.
He looked at his club with a dumbfounded look.. "MY GRATION" he said, as he brought it down over me...

I awoke later, everything black around me. I tried to speak but my voice was gone, I tried to astral project entering anothers body, but kept getting returned to my own. I were like this for some time until I managed to reach out through a spell to close friends. They were not able to help me themselves but quickly sought help with the very man who had slewn the Giant some days earlier. Being a force of good, Arcana speed to my rescue and fought with his companion Rob A to release me from the magic cage the club had imprisoned me in.

They managed through a dublicate spell to allow me to return to my life ,as they still struggle to connect me with my true body and all my memories.

THIS is a tribute to those guys - who didn't flinch in the face of danger and came to the aid of a simple man of the community - THANK YOU :)

torstan
05-04-2010, 09:26 AM
:) Welcome back. Seems reincarnation does work - at least on the internet. Here's a little rep for handling that giant so graciously.

tilt
05-04-2010, 09:59 AM
I'm just glad that resurrection scrolls are cheap at low levels - thanks for the rep, pleased to be back ;)

Gamerprinter
05-04-2010, 11:41 AM
But... Torstan and I were like Mercury bearing the messages to the giant slayers, don't forget about us! :P

GP

Jaxilon
05-04-2010, 12:09 PM
LOL, nicely done and Welcome back to the Guild! Your avatar cracks me up :)

tilt
05-04-2010, 04:30 PM
But... Torstan and I were like Mercury bearing the messages to the giant slayers, don't forget about us! :P

how can I forget the brave knights, who with a speed like Hermes, delivered the vital message of my predicament. Never shall I draw a breath without being gratefull for the service you've rendered ;)

tilt
05-04-2010, 04:32 PM
LOL, nicely done and Welcome back to the Guild! Your avatar cracks me up :)

Thanks Jax, yeah.. I thought I'd have the same avatar here as I use on Deviant Art ... made it some years ago but thought it would fit nicely :)