PDA

View Full Version : April /May Lite Entry: Dwarven Tunnel Tavern

Aval Penworth
05-05-2010, 12:32 PM
I am gonna have a go at this one.

A Dwarven bar in the side tunnell of a mine. Just the bones so far.

### LATEST WIP ###

tilt
05-05-2010, 12:51 PM
very nice... and great fun too... they do know how to party those dwarves... no reason leaving the mine first :)

Ascension
05-05-2010, 05:24 PM
Not enough room for brawling and dice games...need some more space. Great idea, though.

Aval Penworth
05-06-2010, 12:08 AM
After some quick renovations with a pick axe the tavern is slightly enlarged. I still want to keep the feeling that the bar is in a mining tunnel. I have darkened the overall image and changed the floor colour. I will probably add artistic filters at the end.

### LATEST WIP ###

Jaxilon
05-06-2010, 01:04 AM
Hehe, I'm diggin the feel of this, good job.

tilt
05-06-2010, 03:24 AM
they work fast those dwarves... very nice :)

Aval Penworth
05-09-2010, 11:47 AM
Latest update, with some preliminary labeling.

The Tunnel Tavern prepares for the dinner time rush.

### LATEST WIP ###

Gidde
05-09-2010, 11:50 AM
I love this concept, Aval ... the only thing that's catching my eye as a bit off are the lanterns attached to the wall. They have almost an electric lightbulb feel to them, plus there seem to be some transparency artifacts around the edges. Some judicious hand-smudging around the edges of them maybe?

Aval Penworth
05-10-2010, 01:33 AM
I love this concept, Aval ... the only thing that's catching my eye as a bit off are the lanterns attached to the wall. They have almost an electric lightbulb feel to them, plus there seem to be some transparency artifacts around the edges. Some judicious hand-smudging around the edges of them maybe?

I turned up the glow a bit and added some hand smudge and blur...any better, do you think?

### LATEST WIP ###

tilt
05-10-2010, 03:30 AM
very nice.. and populated too :) ... just throw an r into the Axe Th(r)owing and you'll be there :)

Aval Penworth
05-10-2010, 09:47 AM
Okay, typo fixed. Although I'll have you know "Hatchet Thowing" is a very rare and misunderstood dwarven art; usually involving a hand axe, 19 beers, and somone else's boots getting hacked into a thousand pieces.

tilt
05-10-2010, 12:24 PM
*hehe*

could also had been "Hatchet Thawing" where 4 dwarves hatches are frozen into a block of ice, and then its about getting at ones hatchet before the others as the first one can cut the rope holding yesterdays grub in buckets over the contestants head *lol*

Gidde
05-10-2010, 06:59 PM
Ah, yeah, that looks a lot better, at least in my humble opinion :)

Ascension
05-10-2010, 09:56 PM
Dude, that's pretty awesome. I'm all in for the goblin tossing.

ravells
05-12-2010, 06:40 AM
Ha Ha! Love it! - just a suggestion but do you think the floor might look better grunged up a little?

Aval Penworth
05-12-2010, 12:14 PM
Chucked some crud around, a suggested. Found a little critter for the goblin toss later tonite. And added a border.

I'll also try an oak border tomorrow, I think.

### Latest WIP ###

ravells
05-12-2010, 12:37 PM
This is looking great! Nice crud on the floor :). I've amended the title of your initial post to add 'Dwarven Tunnel Tavern' so it shows up on the thread list.

arsheesh
05-12-2010, 01:45 PM
Wow, this is looking fantastic Aval! I could totally see this being a local haunt for a party of PC's engaged in a dungeon delve. Great job.

Cheers,
-Arsheesh

Aval Penworth
05-14-2010, 11:13 AM
Truvvak's Tunnel Tavern is situated in a disused mining tunnel in a great sprawling Dwarven mine. Regular visitors include Dwarf miners and guards as well as the occaisional adventurers, mercenaries and soldiers of fortune hired to rid the area of xorns, umberhulks and land-sharks. The frosty beer from the icy keg caves is deeply refreshing.

If you manage to toss the goblin into the fire-pit on the first bounce, the night's drinks are on the house. Enjoy...

### Latest WIP ###

Gidde
05-14-2010, 12:34 PM
Love it. Fantastic job, Aval :)