PDA

View Full Version : A Mad Mapper

Aceldama
05-10-2010, 02:06 PM
Well Ladies & Gentleman, my name is Christopher Demand. I am an active duty infantry Marine stationed in Quantico, VA, USA. I'm not a cartographer. I have however spent three years creating a fantasy world in which I plan on using as a setting for a string of books that I will start writting in three months. I am here to hear from the best cartographers in the world wide web and network to have one or a few of you draw some maps for my world as i feel that it will aid me in my writting and I would like to have them published as well. I will not bore you with the details for compensation or anything of the such as I dont believe this is the correct forum for that but when i do post it i would love to hear from you all or you could simply use this post to link up with me if you are interested. Thank you all for your time and providing a much needed and under appreciated skill.

tilt
05-10-2010, 04:43 PM
Hi Christopher, welcome - and you're definitly come to the right place. When you get ready to "order", then look for the commision forum - there you'll get the help you need. But concider experimenting with your own maps too, there are lots of cool tutorials to get you started and we're all here to help :) ... then maybe when the second series is on the way, you can make your own maps :)

Aceldama
05-10-2010, 05:19 PM
Thanks! Yea i drew my own world map well its almost done but I'm pretty computer illiterate and mine does not look as professional as i would like it to. but I will say i have learned so much just being here for a day. You group of people truly are ingenious.

RobA
05-10-2010, 05:25 PM
We all started somewhere!

-Rob A>

Steel General
05-10-2010, 06:08 PM
Welcome Aboard!

ChicagoMapper
05-10-2010, 09:58 PM
Semper Fi, my brother. And welcome! :D

NeonKnight
05-12-2010, 08:19 AM