PDA

View Full Version : Greetles

Uncle Twitchy
05-11-2010, 04:41 PM
Hello, everyone,

Well, I've lurked for about a week now, so it's high time I introduced myself before I show off one of my earlier maps and my current work in progress.

I'm John, a.k.a. Uncle Twitchy, and I've been gaming and making fantasy maps since, oh, 1978 when I discovered both D&D and The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit. I've been making gaming maps for my friends for years now ("No, Pete, you can't have a river flow out of a mountain valley, through a forest and into a neighboring desert only to stop there. It doesn't work that way." "It does if there's magic. Look, I need that to do that for a specific reason I can't tell you." "Okay, whatever.") as well as for myself.

Anyway, I'm one of those jack-of-all-trades master-of-none types... I dabble in map making, conlanging, world creation and so on and so forth, occasionally writing stories or running gaming campaigns set in those creations. I'm a graphic designer and prepress operator by trade and have access to and work regularly with the Adobe Creative Suite on Macs both here at work and at home. I have a Wacom Intuos tablet that I never use and should. I also write and record Beatles song pastiches and post them on iCompositions.com under the name Beatle128 (http://www.icompositions.com/artists/Beatle128/).

So that's me for now. Look for an example of one of my earlier maps and my current WIP elsewhere, and thanks for letting me play in your playground.

arsheesh
05-11-2010, 05:04 PM
Welcome to the Guild John (Twitchy)! Well it sounds like your on old hand at this so I look forward to checking out your upcoming posts. Glad you decided to come hang at the playground.

Cheers,
-Arsheesh

Rythal
05-11-2010, 06:23 PM
Welcome to the guild!

Gidde
05-11-2010, 08:10 PM
Welcome to the Guild!

Aenigma
05-11-2010, 08:11 PM
A warm welcome to thee!

Steel General