PDA

View Full Version : First Map - Empis

Sift
05-12-2010, 10:56 PM
So, it's a very addicting pastime you gentlemen have. I decided yesterday evening that it might crack open my writer's block if I drew myself a map, stumbled on this forum, and pretty much lost the next 6 hours of my life.

Anyway, so I'm fairly pleased with where I am now (relatively speaking), but I'm hoping to still add labels, a few landmarks, and maybe even towns (it's a low DPI image, but I'd hate to have to settle for just dots). We'll see how it goes. Mostly I'm just excited with what looks to be a new hobby for me.

And thanks to the excellent 'Saderan Tutorial', without which my artistically talentless self would undoubtedly have given up about five minutes in.

Ascension
05-12-2010, 11:42 PM
Looks nice n deserty, good job so far and welcome.

Gidde
05-13-2010, 12:19 AM
Hey now, we're not all gentlemen, there are plenty of ladies around ;)

Welcome, like that map :)

tilt
05-13-2010, 01:12 AM
Welcome to the guild, and good first posting - and yes, this place is full of good tutorials and this hobby WILL take all your time *MUHAHAHAAAAAA* ;)

@Gidde: a slight overweight of men I believe? ;)

Yandor
05-13-2010, 02:02 AM
Welcome to the guild, and good first posting - and yes, this place is full of good tutorials and this hobby WILL take all your time *MUHAHAHAAAAAA* ;)

What Tilt just said is a complete understatement, you will be sucked in and wont even realize that days have passed...

Diamond
05-13-2010, 02:22 AM
What Tilt just said is a complete understatement, you will be sucked in and wont even realize that days have passed...

That's for sure. It's pretty bad when I look forward to my day off so I can have 10 or 12 hours to map... :D

And welcome to the Guild, Sift, and have some rep for posting your first WIP.

Ascension
05-13-2010, 07:26 AM
Ditto what Di said.