PDA

View Full Version : Wonderful!

SereneParadox
05-20-2010, 03:05 PM
Love this site, so much information to absorb. I'm new to digital cartography, I'm an avid roleplayer and I've been creating worlds since who-knows-when but I've never really gotten the hang of creating an attractive map. I tried Ascension's Atlas Tutorial and loved it. The only thing that I wasn't a huge fan of was how hard it was (at least for me) to differentiate between flatlands, hills and mountains.

Recently I was literally blown away (flaberghasted, gobsmacked, etc.) by The Everlandias (http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?7260-The-Everlandias-by-LonewandererD).

Wow. Anyways, I don't think LonewandererD has done a tutorial but I'd die for some advice on creating a map in the exact same style.

tilt
05-20-2010, 04:12 PM
welcome to the guild, feel free to post in the WIP forums what you're experimenting with, and ask all the questions you want - and we'll do our best to help :)

SereneParadox
05-20-2010, 04:55 PM
welcome to the guild, feel free to post in the WIP forums what you're experimenting with, and ask all the questions you want - and we'll do our best to help :)

Thank you very much :)

Steel General
05-20-2010, 05:48 PM
Welcome Aboard!