PDA

View Full Version : Arc Celestia

Larb
05-20-2010, 07:57 PM
This is for a one-shot adventure idea I had agggess ago. Finally got around to making the general deckplan map.

Aval Penworth
05-21-2010, 12:34 AM
This is probably really cool, but it is so dark on my monitor, all I can make out is the lables.

Steel General
05-21-2010, 06:28 AM
Have to agree with A.P., can't really make out a whole lot more than the labels.

I can tell it's an asteroid (of some sort) and there's some kind of door/hatch and that's about it.

From what I can see it does look pretty neat tho. :)

tilt
05-21-2010, 08:12 AM
looking good and nice idea with a "cross section" of the asteroid/spacestation. But as mentioned above you need to lighten the colors a bit so we can see the art - and then lower the opacity of the grid, no need to be able to more than just see it :)

zhar2
05-21-2010, 08:31 AM
looking nice, u just need to incease the lightness and contract a bit, the asteroids is kinna lost in the background.

Larb
05-21-2010, 06:02 PM
It actually doesn't look that dark on my monitor and I've got it set at factory brightness/contrast. But I'll take your word for it (as more than one of you have said the same) and try to brighten it up. It is supposed to be almost black on one side though, it being space and light casting such harsh shadow. Also the deckplan is intended to be the focus really with the image the background.

Anyway, I'll do some more work on it at some point and see what I can do. Thanks for the critique.

mearrin69
05-21-2010, 07:10 PM
Dark here too...but I can make out bits of it. Looks pretty cool to me.
M

Rythal
05-21-2010, 10:26 PM
awesome stuff, it looks really good!

tilt
05-23-2010, 02:37 AM
It actually doesn't look that dark on my monitor and I've got it set at factory brightness/contrast. But I'll take your word for it (as more than one of you have said the same) and try to brighten it up. It is supposed to be almost black on one side though, it being space and light casting such harsh shadow. Also the deckplan is intended to be the focus really with the image the background.

Anyway, I'll do some more work on it at some point and see what I can do. Thanks for the critique.

Well, space might be dark but cheating is allowed on maps - however if you want a reason for your astroid to be lighter, put in some navigation lights and/or spots on it :)

someguy
05-23-2010, 11:06 PM
Just need to pump up the brightness and contrast a little.

:edit: the background needs more contrast, and make the labeling a little more transparent.

Eathanu
05-27-2010, 03:22 AM
The overlay bits are really cool looking. I'm not sure I like the lines through everything showing the decks. I would have put shorter lines next to the deck numbers, myself, but overall it looks very professional, like something they would ship with the manual in an old space-based FPS or adventure game or something.