PDA

View Full Version : Centralia - The Holy Centralian Empire and the surrounding lands

Sapiento
05-23-2010, 09:18 AM
Finally finished! Took some time but I think the result is a fine old-looking map.

Made in PS, shields and deco elements mainly in Illustrator

EDIT: As there seems to be a problem with the thumbnail view I post an outgoing image here until the problem is solved.

jfrazierjr
05-23-2010, 04:49 PM
Hmm... this might just be a feature map with a bit more story detail in the post...

alizarine
05-23-2010, 07:13 PM
This is incredible work. Love the cohesiveness - everything fits so well together. I especially like how the country borders look like someone used a highlighter (very well, I might add - I'd never have such a steady hand ^.^) The icons are perfect, and the geographic features are seamless. Fantastic work; and those coats-of-arms (however your pluralize that) are fantastically well done. Love to see more of this work!

- Alizarine

Sapiento
05-24-2010, 04:43 AM
Hmm... this might just be a feature map with a bit more story detail in the post...

I'll have to think about a story for this map.

This is incredible work. Love the cohesiveness - everything fits so well together. I especially like how the country borders look like someone used a highlighter (very well, I might add - I'd never have such a steady hand ^.^) The icons are perfect, and the geographic features are seamless. Fantastic work; and those coats-of-arms (however your pluralize that) are fantastically well done. Love to see more of this work!

- Alizarine

Thanks. I'll do my best to create more good maps! :-)

Legiazus
05-24-2010, 07:15 AM
Again, this is one these maps that automatically get one to think about its story, its people and its cities. Most excellent work!

Sapiento
05-25-2010, 03:44 AM
Thanks, Legiazus. Perhaps I'll come up with a short timeline for this map.

Sapiento
05-26-2010, 01:04 PM
btw, I've started a second map with the Centralia theme, this time a strategic view of the armies, here (http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?10521-WIP-Centralia-Strategic-Map) in the WIP section

Sapiento
05-30-2010, 03:28 AM
As the thumbnail preview doesn't work in the first post, I placed an image of the map there.

waldronate
05-30-2010, 05:54 PM
I think that maybe the boundaries might need to be a little more distinct to use this as a game board.

Sapiento
05-31-2010, 03:54 AM
Maybe. But I didn't want too strong colors, as this would not really fit with the general old look.