PDA

View Full Version : Locnerac citie of selandia

Iparcos
05-28-2010, 07:52 AM
Bonjour,

I present the last town of Selandia to you which I have just remade. This large quoted commercial is very wide. Thus I will publish a version more detailed in eight parts.

The first part relates to the district of bridge which spans the entry of bay of Locnérac and the district of the magi, the temple headlight of Ferros, the castle of mysterious Kimbeul and the cemetery of the hurdy-gurdy city with its steles of another age.

ravells
05-28-2010, 10:44 AM
I love it. Great use of negative space and I really like the variations in the 'filler' buildings. Did you take a modular approach in doing the buildings? i.e. have a lot of individual bits like the main structure, the dormers etc which you put together to make each building. Great work, Iparcos, lots of interesting buildings and character in this map.

Iparcos
05-30-2010, 01:52 AM
I do not understand all the technical terms: “negative space”. I use illustrator and made elements everywhere. The modular approach is made only by copy that I can modify afterwards. But it is especially much of time to make buildings different with each paste from houses.

Here the second part of the town of Locnérac which relates to today the park of the old rampart, the school of magic (the geode) and the district of the artists like in the lake city the district of the ship-owners and their luxurious residences. One sees there also many religious places, brood and monastery, vault library and the Phantom, one of the most curious cabarets of Locnérac.

Jkaen
05-30-2010, 02:29 AM
Negative space in this context means the gardens, plazas etc. all the objects that break up the 'important bits' (generally the buildings)

tilt
05-30-2010, 02:50 AM
great looking map - love the sail boats :)
- have some rep :)

Jaxilon
05-30-2010, 11:15 AM
Very nice, it looks like it took forever to do.

Iparcos
06-02-2010, 01:55 AM
This is the third part of the city of Locnérac. The harbor entrance is surrounded by three massive buildings. In the east the haunted tower Elves (unfortunate symbol of recognition of the city to the people), west of the fortress Cathèdraliers and along the first pier of the harbor the Colossus of Locnérac (symbol of recognition of Cathédraliers city). The port is the only place in the city or deep-draft vessels can dock water. It includes the captaincy, the provost and the famous guild of cartographers. A bit aloof stands Wells drowned the city jail. Complete description of the city (http://pagesperso-orange.fr/selandia/). Tiny changes have been made on the first two parts of the map of the city.

Iparcos
06-04-2010, 02:48 AM
Here is the fourth part of the city of Locnérac. Here it closes the lagoon. Between two small boats passing headlights, contrasting the high seas vessels from the main port city. Dome Guard Kurdonique (which secures the outskirts of the city) is on the same strip of land that the fortress Cathédraliers. An island that has not yet invaded the building was home to serve the community of pontoons Karet Village. Tidal marshes and mills have a slow and continuous activity to supply the city. Complete description of the city (http://selandia.free.fr/selandia.htm). Moreover A3 version of the city comprehensive plan is available with a little less detail.

Iparcos
06-06-2010, 04:10 AM
Here is the fifth part of the city of Locnérac. There is the fishing village of Tynorharbor with the largest factory in the city. A bayou where fog is permanent, is nestled at the bottom of the lagoon. He called the park Ifs. It is strange that such a tree grows. Théverwin is a small community of gnomes who live in their houses if particular near the tavern the most notorious of the city, the saw chain. These woods are full of stones engraved with famous Cromlech Thonnahazar. This contrasts with the quiet island of stone steles on the water, one of the cemeteries of the city. Finally the community pontoons having Karet Village on the lagoon. Full descriptions of the city.

ravells
06-06-2010, 03:21 PM
I love the variety of buildings you've done. Lovely work Iparcos. The colour scheme looks familiar...with the blue buildings and the brown ones but I can't place it.

Iparcos
06-08-2010, 05:37 AM
It's far from my first map, I already have other plans when I return the items to the next.

Natai
06-08-2010, 08:59 AM
Excellent map with lots of great detail. I really liked the variety of different buildings and ships, particularly the one that looks like it being pulled by kites.
Repped

Iparcos
06-09-2010, 01:33 AM
This is the sixth part of the city of Locnérac. There is the lake district of craftsmen and workshops manufacture of all products sold in all the seas of Sylmar. Many secrets are guarded jealously fabrications here. The shipyard builds ships City of exceptional quality. There is also a preserved island where a convent of Kalia who provides instruction to all the elite of the city. You can see part of the noble district of the city lake. On the shore there is the park one of the most famous brothels Lee-style Wing of the city. The warehouse district contains all the goods than the port can accueillir.Description whole city. (http://pagesperso-orange.fr/selandia/)

Iparcos
06-12-2010, 02:29 AM
This is the seventh part of the city of Locnérac. The area of the Lee-wing, surrounded by banks really explodes in the city. A large community of people that other continent has been established here, building in the style of their country. When walking the streets of the neighborhood have believed themselves in another country. This area is connected to the hanging gardens by a bridge which is built on a large number of buildings, the bridge to exchange. To the south is a more traditional area, the marsh to remember that his lands were invaded by the waters in the past. On an island in the estuary is the neighborhood of the ash and its cathedral. In the area of the gardens is the suspended solid City Opera and the great and mysterious tower silex.Description whole city. (http://pagesperso-orange.fr/selandia/)

rol-oeste
06-12-2010, 02:11 PM
This is the sixth part of the city of Locnérac. There is the lake district of craftsmen and workshops manufacture of all products sold in all the seas of Sylmar. Many secrets are guarded jealously fabrications here. The shipyard builds ships City of exceptional quality. There is also a preserved island where a convent of Kalia who provides instruction to all the elite of the city. You can see part of the noble district of the city lake. On the shore there is the park one of the most famous brothels Lee-style Wing of the city. The warehouse district contains all the goods than the port can accueillir.Description whole city. (http://pagesperso-orange.fr/selandia/)

Very nice city, Iparcos. There are an english description of the locations in the city? In your site i found only a french version.

rol-oeste :-)

Iparcos
06-13-2010, 04:39 PM
Thank you and sorry no he do not existe a description of the town in English. It is in French. I use the google translator but it is very rough so I did not translate my site.

You can try to read this.
http://selandia.free.fr/04-politique_economie/villes/locn%E9rac/locn%E9rac00.htm

Iparcos
06-15-2010, 01:34 AM
Eighth and last part of the city of Locnérac is online. It shows "The Hanging Gardens", a massive monument. The neighborhood merchants is less prestigious than the owners but it is of great economic importance. The city's spirit houses the largest cemetery in the city and a major temple of Mysthot. The area of the cliff is composed of the finest properties in the city. Found in the Temple district, the largest temple in the city of Arius, but also that the Arkollège seat of administrative power in the city. Full descriptions of the city. You'll find the eight maps of the city access to a summary file of the city in a single party that is still 12 MB. Soon you'll be able to see a description of the town and a redrafted version of high definition shots of the city.

torstan
06-17-2010, 09:06 AM
Congratulations. This is a Herculean endeavour. You've done a great job. You have clearly thought through all the different uses of the areas and built road layouts to match. I like the different buildings and clear use of colour. This is an excellent piece. Well done.

Iparcos
06-19-2010, 02:12 AM
I changed the ships in the harbor for more fantasy. I also posted on my site a HD version of the plans of the port of Locnérac.

cfds
06-19-2010, 09:13 AM
How do you make the ships? Are there 3D models or are you 'just' imagining how the ships have to look from the top? Either way they look awesome.

Iparcos
06-19-2010, 11:00 AM
I am inspired by anything. True boat design that I found as spacecraft after then imagine things that might be functional. I just try whatever fine. The goal is to create a specific design for large realm of my world or the great races with their symbol.

Iparcos
07-09-2010, 01:09 PM
Here is the plan Locnérac dreams (http://selandia.free.fr/selandia.htm). A city which is mirrored on another plan.

For the last part (i can't up 5 files) rendez-vous on SELANDIA (http://pagesperso-orange.fr/selandia/).

ravells
07-09-2010, 03:59 PM
Tres Jolie!

beautiful work, Ip!!!