PDA

View Full Version : Longpass Keep

blkstone1
05-29-2010, 06:20 PM
This is a piece I started a long while back in MS Paint; recently I added some textures in GIMP and have been playing around with ideas for a background for it. It isn't yet done, and sometimes I think it never really will be (still undecided as to where I am going to go with the rooftops). Enjoy!

Ghostman
05-30-2010, 06:31 AM
Looks pretty nice. You should avoid posting .bmp pictures here though. Save as a .png or .jpg before uploading, so that we can view it in the browser.

For the background you could make a large layer, fill it with a "ground" style texture, shear it, and place it under the keep. As for the tower roofs, you could add some texture overlays and place banners on flagpoles on the tops.

Steel General
05-30-2010, 09:13 AM
Very nice!

Diamond
05-31-2010, 07:25 AM
Hey, that's pretty sweet. And the layout is logical from a defense standpoint too - something you don't always see in fantasy castles.

blkstone1
06-30-2010, 08:27 PM
Thanks -- and I appreciate your comment Diamond; I always try to go for realism when it comes to fortifications, so thanks for noticing!

Pontchartrain
06-30-2010, 09:07 PM
That's a really awesome castle! I'm very impressed with the 3D effect, especially since you achieved it in Paint :)