PDA

View Full Version : my first proper map - World map of Voi

Primitius
06-03-2010, 04:52 PM
I've finally finished the basic map for a conworld i'm creating (for writing purposes), and i'm pretty pleased with the results. Its taken about a month working at least a couple of hours every day. This project has really been my first proper introduction to photoshop, and this considered, I think i've not made a bad job of it.
I would like to thank Tear for that absolutely amazing Saderan tutorial, as it has helped me figure out how to use photoshop from literally the ground up.

This is the basic map with no labelling except a title and a compass.
edit - it looks alot better on the fully zoomed in version : P

edit (21/7/10) - uploaded a google earth overlay jpeg made from the same map

arsheesh
06-03-2010, 05:59 PM
Hey, not bad at all for your first go at mapping! I especially like your mountains.

Cheers,
-Arsheesh

Ciderhelm
06-03-2010, 06:41 PM
Very, very good use of color, and fantastic coasts.

Steel General
06-04-2010, 07:58 AM
Nicely done!

Gallifreyan
07-11-2010, 02:39 AM
That is a very nice map, five stars! Lol, I was planning to entitle the thread of my first real map, "My first proper map" as well.

StillCypher
07-11-2010, 04:33 PM
Nicely done! Will you be adding towns and cities? Rivers? Etc.?

Quabbe
07-12-2010, 12:00 AM
Well, the landscape looks pretty good. Very nice done! But for me a map is nothing without any labeling. That is, what breathes life in a map.

Maybe we will see some nice labels on it at some time? :)

Quabbe

Primitius
07-13-2010, 11:36 AM
hey thanks for checking my map peeps! I thought this thread had sort of died, so it's nice to see people still checking it! : )

Well, the landscape looks pretty good. Very nice done! But for me a map is nothing without any labeling. That is, what breathes life in a map.

Maybe we will see some nice labels on it at some time? :)

Quabbe

lol, it's definitely not a finished map until it has labels, you're right : P.
Basically as i've designed this map for a conworld I'm creating, it will gradually become more annotated as I work out the history of each nation. So far I only have a very small amount of labels (along with generic land labels like northern continent/ southern continent etc.) worked out. When I've got to a stage where I have a nice 'complete looking' level of annotation, I will definitely be posting it up here! WIll probably take months to finish though.