PDA

View Full Version : Misfits in the house

Steven Trustrum
06-04-2010, 12:21 PM
Hi, everyone.

I'm Steven Trustrum, owner of Misfit Studios, a (very) small press role-playing game publisher. I've been a member for some time but so far have been lurking. I'm looking to delve into cartography more, as I've yet to find a cartographer I can fit into my admittedly limited budgets, so I thought it only fitting I become a more active participant.

So far I've used CC2/CC3 as the foundation for my maps, but have used Illustrator and PS to tweak them. They've been rather simple an unimpressive up until now, but I'm looking to change that. Cheers!

torstan
06-04-2010, 12:34 PM
Good to have you here Steven. You should post a note up on the Mapmaking requests forum with your budget. I'd be surprised if you don't find someone who will take up your map.

There's lots of good photoshop tutorials around on the site. The best thing to do is to post a map that you've done and ask for critiques. People here are pretty helpful and friendly so you should get some useful pointers.

tilt
06-04-2010, 12:44 PM
Yep, welcome to the guild and ... what torstan said :) we'll get you mapping in no time :)

Steel General
06-04-2010, 05:21 PM
Welcome Aboard!

Gidde
06-05-2010, 02:52 AM
Not much to add that Torstan didn't say quite well, except a hearty Welcome!

Steven Trustrum
06-05-2010, 01:25 PM
Thanks, everyone. :)

NeonKnight
06-07-2010, 02:58 PM
Welcome to the Guild!

Jaxilon
06-11-2010, 09:28 PM
Indeed, welcome and I'll have to take a gander at your website now. There are a lot of fantastic mappers around and the tutorials are great as well. You will find all the help you could ask for.