PDA

View Full Version : Much appreciation

relgatta
06-04-2010, 04:51 PM
I never intended to post anything, I joined the community only so that I could access all of the tutorials. That said, the tutorials and information I found here was so excellent, that the map I created far surpassed my expectations.

I used several of the guides, and tried to imitate some of the maps I liked, but in particular the Antique and Atlas style guides from Ascension were extremely helpful. I am sorry I lost track of the other guides I used, and the two maps I tried to imitate so I can't give the rest of the credit due.

I know the map I created isn't up to the caliber of the others I see here, and it isn't going to win any points or contests. But I really never expected it to be as good as it is, so I thought I would post it up, just so you can see how you guys helped a clueless noob with no artistic skills whatsoever. Thanks much.

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l96/relgatta/distressedmap.jpg

Steel General
06-04-2010, 05:13 PM
Welcome Aboard!

torstan
06-04-2010, 05:25 PM
That's a very respectable first map indeed. Well done! And welcome into the light from lurking.

You can attach larger images by using the paper clip attachment manager when you're composing a post. Click the Go Advanced... button when composing a post and it's there at the top.

Good stuff, and I hope we see some more from you.

tilt
06-04-2010, 06:06 PM
Hi Relgatta, welcome to the guild (out in the open) - very nice map you've got there - good job, have some rep with my mace of nice repping +3 :)

Katto
06-04-2010, 06:14 PM
Welcome relgatta, glad you have delurked, because of a fine first map.

Gidde
06-05-2010, 03:16 AM
Speaking as a fellow artistically challenged person, your first map looks a helluva lot better than my first map did! Have some rep for delurking and with a great map! I just wish I could zoom in :(

NeonKnight
06-07-2010, 02:59 PM
Welcome to the Guild!

And Nice Map!

relgatta
06-08-2010, 06:26 PM
Thanks for the kind words and the rep!