PDA

View Full Version : June Entry: The Sacred Forest

Krulwich
06-06-2010, 01:22 AM
Hi, folks. New the boards, and new to mapping, and figured how better to learn than try a challenge? And what fun!

So here's The Sacred Forest from the movie "Princess Mononoke", or what I have of it so far. I'll be putting in Iron Town, the sacred grotto, Moro's den, the Ape Tribe, and other locations. Perhaps event locations, too, such as the Battle of the Boar Gods.

### Latest WIP ###

Gidde
06-06-2010, 02:43 AM
Looks good, so far; great textures. You may want to make it higher-resolution, though, and attach it rather than in-line it. Just little technical details :) Also, don't forget to put ### Latest WIP ### at the end of your posts when you attach your wip's; that way the challenge thumbnailer can pick it up.

Good luck with the challenge!

tilt
06-06-2010, 03:48 AM
Hi Krulwich, welcome to the guild, looking good so far (although I don't know the story) - have some rep for your first upload :)

Krulwich
06-06-2010, 07:44 AM
Eep--egg on my face! I'll be sure to offer a higher res image on my next WIP post.

tilt--thanks for the rep! I don't really know what it is, but it sounds sweet!

Steel General
06-06-2010, 07:49 AM
First off - Welcome Aboard!

Great to see a new member jump right into a challenge, I have added the "### Latest WIP ###", that Gidde mentioned, to your initial image.

'Rep' or reputation is a method within the board's software to acknowledge work/ideas you feel are exceptional. You can grant reputation to someone by clicking the 'Sheriff Badge'/Star icon at the bottom of one of their posts. The amount of 'rep' you give is related to how much existing 'rep' you have as well as # of posts (and maybe some other things I'm forgetting :D)

Immolate
06-06-2010, 11:57 AM
Great stuff! More please!