PDA

View Full Version : Create Star Trek: ICED

someguy
06-09-2010, 02:55 AM
I'm a big time star trek fanboy, at least of the original series. And I would really like to see a new star trek series. So I started a Facebook page to see if i can find a bunch of other people that would also like a new show.

A show with a strong plot.
A show without lazy writing and technobable.
A show where the crew aren't a bunch of whiny #@%#$@.
A show that gives you a good look at the rest of the Federation, not just Starfleet.

If you also want these things, click the link and like the page.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Star-Trek-Sector-Guard/130880246941966

tilt
06-09-2010, 06:42 AM
well.. joined the cause sounds like fun :)

Jaxilon
06-09-2010, 11:11 PM
How about from the Klingon perspective? That seems like some political intrigue with backstabbing and whatnot.

"To boldly go kick the crap out of who or whatever we find."

Wishing you success

rdanhenry
06-10-2010, 02:21 AM
I use to think, when I bothered to think about such things, that they might do well to get away from Starfleet and rotate between different ships. A Klingon ship, a Ferrengi ship, maybe a civilian Federation ship, maybe Romulans. That way they could really help fill out their setting, have more variety, and use different storylines appropriate for different groups. The Klingons would be focused on battle and honor, the Ferrengi on profitable trade, etc. Then when they wanted a "special" episode, you'd have an easy gimmick in having two or more of the ships involved in one story.

Steel General
06-10-2010, 08:55 AM
I want to see a Tholian-based series. :)

someguy
01-13-2011, 02:48 PM
How about from the Klingon perspective? That seems like some political intrigue with backstabbing and whatnot.
Oddly enough, I have actually contemplated that.

I use to think, when I bothered to think about such things, that they might do well to get away from Starfleet and rotate between different ships. A Klingon ship, a Ferrengi ship, maybe a civilian Federation ship, maybe Romulans. That way they could really help fill out their setting, have more variety, and use different storylines appropriate for different groups. The Klingons would be focused on battle and honor, the Ferrengi on profitable trade, etc. Then when they wanted a "special" episode, you'd have an easy gimmick in having two or more of the ships involved in one story.
The way I'm planning to format the show, It would have multiple story lines that are all over the Federation, Romulan, and Klingon space. Eventually people would start to see how the story lines touch, and eventually collide. Leading to the big story line conclusion in season 5.

tilt
01-13-2011, 05:29 PM
5 is to unambitious.. 7 - thats more like it ... and then the boxes will fit nicely with my other boxes ;)

jtougas
01-13-2011, 05:35 PM
Seven is the magic number at Paramount all the series since the original has seven year deals. unfortunately Enterprise was so bad that they didn't quite make it.. :)