PDA

View Full Version : Nameless map (Used to be a setting for Deus Vult)

Morkhdull
06-11-2010, 01:05 PM
A friend of mine wants to play a Deus Vult Campaign in a low fantasy world.

His purpose is to give his players a kinda feeling of Europe.

He asked me to draw the map.

And this is the wip

(still to do the rivers, the scale and the legend)

Enjoy

C&c welcomed

Mörkhdull

Gidde
06-11-2010, 01:41 PM
It certainly feels like Europe; one can definitely see France and Spain on that coastline. I'll refrain from comment on the map itself until I get home and can view it on a screen bigger than my iphone but what i can see looks great!

Master TMO
06-11-2010, 02:30 PM
Random name suggestion: Ledanae, combination of the names of Leda and Danae, two other of Zeus' mortal lovers (like Europa).

Or Danaele.

tilt
06-12-2010, 03:10 AM
looking good... no doubt about the european feeling there - bit dissapointed about denmark/sweden blob, since those are my countries ;) ... just kidding - nice work, looking forward to seing more :)

pasis
06-12-2010, 04:20 AM
I'm suggesting expanding to the north to include Finland as well :)

Juggernaut1981
06-12-2010, 05:33 AM
If we're jumping on the "include us too" bandwagon, I suggest that you create a vast foreign distant land that is thought to exist but has not been found yet...

Diamond
06-12-2010, 04:05 PM
Very cool looking map. It has just the right level of detail to avoid being too 'busy'. I especially like the mountains.
The only thing I would do is maybe define the coastlines a bit more; maybe add a slight stroke of a mid- to dark blue.

If we're jumping on the "include us too" bandwagon, I suggest that you create a vast foreign distant land that is thought to exist but has not been found yet...

And maybe a mysterious continent or two beyond the western ocean... :D

Morkhdull
06-16-2010, 04:59 PM
Thanks for all your kind comments :D

To answer your requests...

This continent is a "feeling of Europe"... A kinda Europa Dry (fells like, but it's not Europa)
More over, it is said that on the north live people viewed as half human- half beast, just spread out from the first steps of bestiality...

All apologize, I no more see danish people like Beastmen...
The Nothern countries of this map will never be the land of the Danes...

I hope you understand :D

Finally, here's the latest adding to the map : rivers and Hex (60x100 km)

Next time, I'll add the cartouche with the name of this continent (actually, I'm waiting the instructions from my friend)

Enjoy

tilt
06-17-2010, 06:13 AM
yep yep.. we're just having fun... and anyway some vikings behaved as half beasts ... today its only football fans that are more beasts than human ;)