PDA

View Full Version : Tol Antaim - Hand drawn

Rythal
06-13-2010, 11:48 AM
So a little while ago, I realized that I've never actually uploaded any of my good hand drawn maps. this just wouldn't do, so I got my latest map scanned in. Also, it's been a while since I included a back story for a map.

As the Empire of Illin expanded its vast empire to the coastal regions, the nation of Thul was quickly overrun. Fearing the enslavement of the great empire, the king ordered his citizens onto ships and fled their homeland across the Great Western Ocean. For months they sailed with little food, through deadly storms and crashing waves. On one calm morning, land was spotted. They had reached the Empire of Andulonathia, a flourishing draconic empire. The Lonathian dragons, who were a kindly race, welcomed the refuges, and gave them an island to call home. In turn, the Thul, great craftsmen, made works of wonders that amazed the dragons, and twenty years after the landing, the Island of Men, or Tol Antaim, was given provincial status amongst the Empire.

Thanks goes out to djekspek for his Step-by-step 3D-ish mapping tut (http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?10471-Step-by-step-3D-ish-mapping).

Enjoi!

Steel General
06-13-2010, 11:53 AM
That's quite nice...

Rythal
06-17-2010, 08:17 AM
Thanks SG!

anywyas, I felt that I could do more with this map after posting it here, and this is what I came up with.

now in Technicolor!

ravells
06-17-2010, 08:46 AM
A nice little gem of a map! lovely work, Rythal!

torstan
06-17-2010, 09:31 AM
Great style. I like it a lot. Well done.

tilt
06-17-2010, 09:46 AM
well done rythal, have some rep :)

Steel General
06-17-2010, 02:12 PM
Colors are a little neon for my tastes, but well done none-the-less. :)

Ascension
06-18-2010, 09:00 AM
Pretty cool stuff there, Ry. I'm diggin it.