PDA

View Full Version : The Ascention's Photoshop Town Tutorial V2

phatticus
06-13-2010, 02:06 PM
I have another thread (http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?10699-WIP-Ascension-s-Photoshop-Town-Tutorial-Follow-Along) going following my attempts to make a city using the original text-only tutorial The Ascention wrote detailing his method of creating towns using Photoshop. I got pretty far into it when I realized I had made a couple huge mistakes. That's ok, I will eventually complete it, and it will serve as an excellent guide on what NOT to do, and also show how to correct some of the errors I made.

I decided to instead focus my efforts on implementing the tutorial exactly as written and simply dropping screenshots into the original word document. Ultimately to be converted to a PDF. As I got going, I also did some reformatting and broke down some of the more complex steps. I have made considerable progress, and I thought now would be a good time to get the initial version out there and start getting comments. It is HUGE, since most steps take up entire page so I could show as much detail as possible.

Phatticus

jeffsheets
06-13-2010, 03:00 PM
Good work! I only looked at the first of the three parts, but it looked pretty good.

arsheesh
05-15-2011, 04:53 PM
Hey thanks for extending the Walkthrough Platticus; I only wish there were a GIMP translation of this tut. Who knows, perhaps some day I'll get brave enough to attempt a town tut in GIMP.

Cheers,
-Arsheesh

jtougas
05-15-2011, 04:54 PM
Hey thanks for extending the Walkthrough Platticus; I only wish there were a GIMP translation of this tut. Who knows, perhaps some day I'll get brave enough to attempt a town tut in GIMP.

Cheers,
-Arsheesh

Now thats an idea.... :)