PDA

View Full Version : Duchy of Northmark

Diamond
06-14-2010, 02:33 AM
A map for a little vampire story I'm working on. Everyone knows I'm an Ascension fanboy, so I had to try out his new tutorial (http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?10192-Swiss-style-relief-shading). :D

I modified it slightly, namely leaving out the contour lines, and I'm pretty pleased with how everything turned out. Props also to Coyotemax and his beaten gold tut, which I can't seem to stop using on everything.

Jaxilon
06-14-2010, 02:47 AM
I like the way the mountains look like bent paper.

Sapiento
06-14-2010, 02:49 AM
Fine, fine!

Fransie
06-14-2010, 03:38 AM
Looks very nice. How high up are the villages though? Those peaks are very close to them.

tilt
06-14-2010, 02:33 PM
looking really good Diamond, the text and mountain symbols are a bit pixelated but I'm guessing its due to resize of the document. But have some rep dude :)

Diamond
06-14-2010, 08:28 PM
Looks very nice. How high up are the villages though? Those peaks are very close to them.
I had the idea that the whole area is composed of middling-sized mountains and hills, with narrow, steep valleys in between. So many of the villages and towns are terraced.

looking really good Diamond, the text and mountain symbols are a bit pixelated but I'm guessing its due to resize of the document. But have some rep dude :)
Yeah, I cropped the image a bit in MS Paint, and it pixellated things a tad. :((

tilt
06-17-2010, 05:55 AM
Yeah, I cropped the image a bit in MS Paint, and it pixellated things a tad. :((

uhhh.. .getting a chill... did you say... cropping... with MS Paint.... uhh.. there it goes again ;) ... get GIMP (or sell your house and get photoshop) :)

Diamond
06-17-2010, 03:27 PM
Oh, I have PS. How do you think I made the map in the first place? :D But I was too lazy to wait for PS to boot up again and adjust the size, so I just did it in Paint.

tilt
06-18-2010, 05:17 AM
hmmm.. so you're telling me its possible to close photoshop? ... I thought you just had to run that forever... MUHAHAHAHAAA

Diamond
06-18-2010, 01:42 PM
hmmm.. so you're telling me its possible to close photoshop? ... I thought you just had to run that forever... MUHAHAHAHAAA
I do feel like a Photoshop Borg sometimes... I've been assimilated!!! :D