PDA

View Full Version : Battlemap Tile

whtknt
06-14-2010, 02:16 PM
I decided to try my hand at a battlemap using Photoshop CS, and this is the result. This is the first time I have tried such a thing freehand and I'm rather pleased with the result, even if it could use some retouching. This took about 30 minutes.

tilt
06-14-2010, 02:29 PM
good start whtknt, the edges are a bit blurry and the space between tiles a bit big if it's supposes to be 5 feet a square :) Depending on the look you're going for, a drop shadow from the walls could give some depth to the map :)

Jaxilon
06-14-2010, 05:57 PM
It looks to me like something was killed in there and then dragged off...nice gruesomeness/mystery factor there if that's what you were going for.

whtknt
06-14-2010, 06:00 PM
Thanks! I realize the edges were a bit blurred; I did that with a Gaussian blur intentionally in hopes of making the walls look a little more natural. I hadn't considered a drop-shadow; that may well be the way to go. The space between the tiles comes from the size of the airbrush I used when tracing the grid lines. I was hoping for a mortar-like effect and even had some greenish mold in there, but it got lost in the black. I'll try another one later.

whtknt
06-14-2010, 06:01 PM
@Jaxilon: Yep, that's exactly the effect I wanted. Thanks for noticing!