PDA

View Full Version : June/ July Entry. A Vampire Lair

Aval Penworth
06-22-2010, 03:16 AM
I will try to get my act together in time to complete this entry.

The concept is a Vampire Lair in the basement of a nobleman's city town house or manor. From here the evil fellow spies on the townsfolk with his magical looking glass.

I don't have photoshop installed at the moment but hopefully I will soon.

tilt
06-22-2010, 03:28 AM
*lol* ... adult themes... Diamond is gonna have a field day to day.. he allready commented on my question in the main thread ;)

and, don't bother with photoshop... just map in ASCII ;)

Aval Penworth
06-24-2010, 10:05 AM
I have started ground floor of the manor. Everything is placeholder at the moment; just wanted to get started on the layout. The floors are different colours so that I can easily isolate them when I am ready to add textures. The yet to be devised basement is where most of the evil stuff takes place.

tilt
06-24-2010, 01:09 PM
awww.. I planned evil stuff in the basement toooooo... what are the odds? *lol*
looking good though :)

Aval Penworth
07-01-2010, 11:48 PM
Arghh.

So much more to do!

I have added some floor coverings and furniture. No attempt made at lighting effects yet.

You will notice wall cavities near the bedrooms and bathroom. The nefarious lord lurks in there and spies through peepholes on his socalite guests as they bathe and sleep.

The secret room will lead to a secret basement. The store room will lead to another basement. The spy holes are accessable from the main basement.

If the bailiffs were to investigate the recent suspicious disappearances and search the regular basement they might discover some unseemly practices and require a bribe.

Should they find the secret basement...they will be served with a red wine sauce at the lords next soire.

I'm not sure how I am going to fit two or three floors and backstory all on the same page. We'll see how I go.

### LATEST WIP ###

Xyll
07-02-2010, 11:48 AM
Looking good. I think the marble may need a bit of tiling err lines but looks nice and cozy for a vampire house

Katto
07-02-2010, 02:56 PM
Looks good so far. Now with the basement comes the fun part.

Diamond
07-03-2010, 12:31 AM
That is pretty cool thus far.

Aval Penworth
07-07-2010, 12:08 AM
### LATEST WIP ###

Adding some gloom and symbols in the basement. Let me know if it is too dark. Hard to tell on my laptop.

Gidde
07-07-2010, 12:17 AM
Hmm, the attachment monster seems to have eaten that one :(

Aval Penworth
07-07-2010, 12:44 AM
I reposted...see the WIP below

tilt
07-07-2010, 05:41 AM
hey.. thats my basement... *lol* ... looking really good :)

Aval Penworth
07-07-2010, 07:00 AM
Cheers, Blue Ears!

Katto
07-07-2010, 02:28 PM
Nice. It is a modern vampire, who sleeps in a bed? A pompous coffin in the basement will frighten the victims too>:)

Aval Penworth
07-07-2010, 08:28 PM
I am saving that for last. He has a special trick to avoid the coffin being found.

tilt
07-08-2010, 04:20 AM
uh... exiting... is it a transformer coffin... turns into a rockingchair? ;)
and by the way - if I were a vampire, I would so sleep in a bed :)

Gidde
07-08-2010, 09:30 AM
Doesn't look too dark to me, Aval, looks good!

Aval Penworth
07-08-2010, 11:24 PM
I've added a few more things and made an attempt at laying it out on a single page. Feedback would be appreciated.

The text will be about the lord and the various nefarious vices he enjoys; spying on bed rooms and bath rooms, kidnapping city socialites, chopping up people, feeding people to other people, fiendinsh experiments and feeding on the blood of his captives.:twisted:

sorry its not very printer friendy

### Latest WIP ###

Katto
07-09-2010, 03:22 AM
The basement shouldn't be darker. Even now it is hard to recognise some things. I hope you will label some rooms or areas in the basement too, so you have an equal appearance in both maps. Looking forward to the story.

Jaxilon
07-09-2010, 04:36 AM
I found myself squinting to see more of the shapes that seem to fade off into the darkness on the basement....is it too dark? I dunno, but there is something to be said for making viewers work to see what's in there, it adds to the fear.

Steel General
07-09-2010, 12:16 PM
Coming along quite nicely...

Aval Penworth
07-14-2010, 12:46 AM
### Latest WIp###

Another update with more labels. I have a lot of work at the moment, so I may not get time to write the backstory/ description properly...we'll see.

Aval Penworth
07-15-2010, 09:22 PM
My final entry Levels of Evil ...I'm pretty pleased to get this far as my client load has tripled this month.

I tried to work in not only physical levels of evil shrouded in shadows and uncertainty, but also the psychological levels of evil from the unseemly spying, to cruel imprisonment, to downright diabolical dismemberment and feeding guests the flesh of their friends.

Symbols thanks to the SMAC at Profantasy website

### LATEST WIP ###

Gidde
07-15-2010, 10:01 PM
Very cool, love the walled in bodies :)

Ascension
07-15-2010, 10:26 PM
I love eerie and creepy. This rocks.