PDA

View Full Version : Powerpoint slides of Shanxi China - A Town built on a cliff

Jaxilon
06-22-2010, 09:20 PM
Not really a map but it shows an interesting town in China built on basically a cliff. I figured if nobody else cared Gamerprinter might enjoy it.

I loved the roofs and architecture. Might be fun to make this into a fantasy location and map it out too. I can see sword fights ending with someone plummeting right off the edge.

Cliff Town in China (http://www.authorstream.com/Presentation/jenythao-417269-chinak4-dtt-entertainment-ppt-powerpoint/)

Aval Penworth
06-22-2010, 09:24 PM
If anyone is able to map something like that, I will be very impressed. Great post Jax

Jaxilon
06-22-2010, 09:42 PM
Yeah it would be a challenge to map all the vertical changes that's for sure.

Oh, and it was originally a Powerpoint presentation I came upon but this is just a video of the same thing which goes by faster but everyone can see.

Ascension
06-22-2010, 10:07 PM
I saw a tv show on this about 2 months ago and have been pondering it as a map but I think the hand-drawn style would fit best and that isn't my strongest area.

Iapetus
06-22-2010, 11:07 PM
That is absolutely gorgeous. Thank you so much for sharing! I need to add it to my list of places to visit.

MarkusTay
06-27-2010, 06:21 PM
That is insanely cool - thanks for sharing.

My primary 'area of expertise' in the Forgotten Realms setting is kara-Tur, the Eastern Realms, and I have to say that this town is inspiring. This will make a wonderful reference for some of my future projects.

ravells
06-28-2010, 04:07 AM
Very cool! Thanks for posting!

tilt
06-28-2010, 04:16 AM
cool "town" ... especially liked the stairs where the steps have just been drilled in the wall one by one... :)

Jaxilon
06-28-2010, 06:05 AM
cool "town" ... especially liked the stairs where the steps have just been drilled in the wall one by one... :)

Yeah that right there told me they were not "Sue Happy" like people here in the USA are. Man, those look dangerous. Imagine in the rain!?

tilt
06-28-2010, 06:12 AM
yeah.. a bit to much suing over there... perhaps we should put warning on our maps "This is NOT a real location, following it might lead to you getting lost or run over by a car. Don't use the map outdoors in rain unless laminated as it might leed to blurring of images and you getting hit by lightning"
*rofl*

mearrin69
06-28-2010, 02:57 PM
That's awesome. Google "tiger's nest" (or click here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taktsang_Dzong)) for something similar, though less extensive. Will definitely be including some stuff similar to this in my Asian-themed world. Of course that means I'll have to go crazy mapping it.
M