PDA

View Full Version : Wondering

Jaxilon
06-23-2010, 11:35 AM
Shortly after I joined we had a challenge to map out an existing area from the CWBP. I was wondering if any of those entries were added to the CWBP. Mine was just a top down view of an area of town and was back when I was seriously new to GIMP so it wasn't much for greatness. Still, I was thinking that more challenges might be able to be incorporated into the CWBP if we do things right. Is there any reason not to? Obviously, I wouldn't want all our challenges to be about the CWBP because it does limit what you do but every now and then it might be help breathe a little more life into it.

tilt
06-23-2010, 04:56 PM
never even watched that thread as I have a hard enough time to find time for my own maps - but the idea isn't bad :)

Ascension
06-23-2010, 04:59 PM
We try to get some CWBP challenges in but this year has seen a bunch of other cool challenges come down the pipe and then, after that, we try to take from the suggestion box.

industrygothica
07-06-2010, 12:30 AM
Realizing that I am a bit late to the party... is it not possible that there have been fewer CWBP-themed challenges of late due to the rumored revisions to the CWBP itself? Personally, I don't think it would take a huge spark to relight the fire under this thing, but that may just be me.

-IG

Midgardsormr
07-06-2010, 06:42 PM
Is there something going on that I've missed? I haven't been as active here lately as I used to be (lots of schoolwork), but I hadn't heard any of these rumors.

industrygothica
07-06-2010, 08:38 PM
Is there something going on that I've missed? I haven't been as active here lately as I used to be (lots of schoolwork), but I hadn't heard any of these rumors.

http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?8104-Milestones

Midgardsormr
07-06-2010, 10:52 PM
Thanks. I guess I'd seen those first couple of postings but hadn't kept up with the thread.

ravells
07-07-2010, 05:21 AM
The forum upgrade has been the main work done....I'd really like to see the CWBP (or some other related concept) do more. It would be nice to get some sort of living game type thing going there.

Rythal
07-07-2010, 05:13 PM
This whole CWBP thing sounds cool to me, and I've never actually bothered/understood how to contribute to it. If there is going to be a fresh wind at it, I'm game

Jaxilon
07-07-2010, 11:05 PM
It would be nice to get some sort of living game type thing going there.

What do you mean ravells? Are we talking about making up a history and then gradually mapping out those events and the repercussions? Are you talking about a roleplay via formum posts type thing that results in same OR are you meaning to have Gamemasters conducting actual RP games to give it life? Maybe you thinking of something else entirely? I think this came up once before and misunderstood what you were getting at but I want to chew on it mentally and see if I can help.

ravells
07-08-2010, 04:35 AM
That's the problem Jax, I don't know myself, but some sort of mechanism in which the whole CWBP mapping project might be a game in itself to encourage participation and make it fun. This might take the form of a ladder of people who have produced maps for the CWBP by number or quality of maps. It might be to give members of the guild 'ownership' - e.g. King of Groam, of cities or states who can then issue commissions to the guild to map various parts of their country or city...don't know what the payment would be. Stuff like that really.