PDA

View Full Version : A Hello From Kentucky

ScenesFromAMemory
06-25-2010, 11:40 AM
Hello everyone!

Just wanted to introduce myself. Screen name ScenesFromAMemory, real name Jeremy. I have been a long time D&D player who always loved the look and style of maps throughout the editions, but I thought it impossible to do myself. Boy was I wrong! I have only worked through a couple of Ascension's tuts, but the work I have produced and the inspiration I find here is amazing. Thank you all very much.

Though I am new to this, I have worked for years in the fields of video production and graphic design for television. This new application of my Photoshop skills has given me a new creative outlet. I am lucky enough to be married to an amazing artist who produces jewelry and metalwork and am often overwhelmed by her ability to produce beautiful visual works. Though I am a musician and composer, I always was frustrated with a lack of visual arts ability. Finally I have found it!

Look forward to many posts of questions, comments, and requests. Thank you for letting me be part of your community!

tilt
06-25-2010, 11:56 AM
Hi sfam, welcome to the guild :) ... When you feel ready post in the WIP threads - we'll have your wife envious of your maps in no time ;)

Iapetus
06-25-2010, 12:50 PM
Welcome to the guild!

Steel General
06-25-2010, 04:42 PM
Welcome Aboard!

Gamerprinter
06-26-2010, 03:00 AM
Well, congrats, SfM, that is precisely what the CG is for to find the inner artist-cartographer in all of us! Glad you found yours.

GP

Sharpe
06-26-2010, 03:26 AM
Welcome! :)

ScenesFromAMemory
06-26-2010, 09:14 AM
Thank you all for the warm welcomes. I hope to learn, contribute, and have fun :)