PDA

View Full Version : Strange behavior

Jaxilon
06-27-2010, 11:22 AM
Ok, so I see on this month's Challenge entry that Ascension has made a new post. Often times I just click on the "Go To Last Post" button and start from there, especially if it is a forum I have been keeping up with. Anyway, I do this and there is no post. So I then navigate to the thread manually and still no post.

Basically, the forum says there are posts to the thread but there are no posts there. The only good guess I can think of is maybe the post was deleted? Then I think, "this is Ascension, he wouldn't get deleted." So in the end I'm thinking something has gone wrong somewhere.

Thanks once again for your support.

OH, I almost forgot, on a side note that may or may not be related, when I posted my Latest WIP the night before this mystery post my thumbnail did not work. I haven't heard of that also frying out anyones thread but who knows.

UPDATE: I was able to go to Ascension's userid and click on view all posts by this user where I could read what he had posted in that thread. After which I went back to the thread which still did not show his post. I then entered a new post on my thread and viola, when that updated there was Ascension's post.

I noticed that this occurred on the second page of the thread with Ascension's post being the first entry of page 2. Is there a bug where the first entry of page 2 (or any page) does not show up until another post has been made or was this just a coincidence of server lag or something? Everything looks fine now but just in case this keeps happening maybe this information can be of help.

tilt
06-27-2010, 12:14 PM
yep, I have experienced the same - usually the post reapears after some time :)

Ascension
06-27-2010, 03:28 PM
With a guild this large we're bound to have boogeymen creeping around the halls messin stuff up. We'll set up a brute squad and go down into the basement levels and see what we can dig up...er put down.

RobA
06-27-2010, 04:53 PM
I've seen this as well. Its been identified as a bug and reported to vBulletin.

Regarding thumbs, I manually rebuild them every now and then when I see one missing.

-Rob A>