View Full Version : Look Around You

07-11-2010, 12:02 PM
I've just come across this comedy series which I found v. good. - Some familiar faces in it too (if you like comedy like 'Peepshow', 'Spaced', 'Shaun of the Dean' etc.). Based on the format of the old 'Open University' television educational programmes, I thought this one on 'Maths' was pretty good. Plenty others to choose from on You tube (Mr Patel Synthesizer is also great).

Look Around You - Maths. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drE5cHe6c3s&feature=related)

Look Around You - Computer Games (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBcrTucxiRc)

07-11-2010, 12:20 PM
LOL! This explains my previous problems getting to Nottingham!

07-11-2010, 07:06 PM
LOL, What the....?

I loved the "stun" setting on the calculator though, that was awesome.

Steel General
07-11-2010, 07:34 PM
Definitely different...

07-12-2010, 09:53 AM
he he... great fun... had seen some of those some time ago - but not these ones .. :)
reminds me also of another bbc show - unfortunatly I can't remember the name... but it was shot like a documentory, the journalist visiting a school ... but when you listened to what they were saying, the conversation was sooo weird... it sounded almost right, but there were strange sentences in there... super fun

07-13-2010, 01:39 AM
I think I had one of those math problems in High school!

07-13-2010, 04:54 AM
As a serious maths nerd AND a mathematics teacher... THAT IS HILARIOUS... but I could never show it to students because they'd not quite realise it wasn't serious and wouldn't get the British humour.

07-13-2010, 04:56 AM
@Tilt: You should look for one I think called Animal Business or something similar. It takes a number of "current issues" and interviews claymation animals about them. SERIOUSLY hilarious but is VERY British... so if you don't like/get British Comedy it will just fly right past.

07-14-2010, 07:47 AM
yep.. seen some of those, hilarious.. and I love brittish humor (most danes do). Best of all Blackadder... and 'allo 'allo ... smack the pony... and that show with the 6 single people ... and Red Dwarf.. can't forget that one... and ... *lol*