PDA

View Full Version : The world of Teodd

Morkhdull
07-13-2010, 05:39 AM
Hi all,

This is commissioned map.

Somme river forks, I know... I have to follow the hand sketch.

But my purpose is to work on forests texture and colours.

Enjoy, C&C welcomed :D

Steel General
07-13-2010, 08:22 AM
Overall I think it's a pretty darn nice job.

The basic grass color is a little neon-y for my tastes but that's a minor thing.

StillCypher
07-13-2010, 12:14 PM
You've got a really good start on this. The greens are a little intense, but the longer I look at it, the more they grow on me. I really like the shape you've given the terrain/coasts, but I think the mountains could use some work. They look to me like rock walls. And is it my allergies, or is the full-size map looking a little blurry?

Seretur
07-13-2010, 01:28 PM
It's not your allergies. ;) The text is really crisp, but some of the terrain is overly blurry.

Jaxilon
07-13-2010, 04:08 PM
Pretty much agree with what's been said but regarding the forests (which is really what you seemed to be looking for) it seems a bit flat. You might want to generate some cloud noise beneath the forested areas to give them some depth so it's not quite so one-colored. Might want to hit it with some burn/dodge as well. Noise can also create little flecks that can look a bit like leaves if you tint them correctly.

I like they layout you have going with the land and so on, keep up the good work.