PDA

View Full Version : Greetings. Some CC3 map: Erdan

Medio
07-15-2010, 08:30 AM
Greetings all. Iīm a relatively new "cartographer", and as iīve got some interesting advices and resources here, i guess it would be "nice" if i came here to show my prowess. Although iīm used to post in the CC3 forums, this doesnīt mean i donīt want to post here either ;).

This is the map, Erdan. Iīm still working on it, although mainly on final details - iīm not too sold on the cartouche and the compass, looking for something that fits better the mapīs style. This map is a variation of Profantasyīs Fantasy Worlds style map, which comes in the 2009 Annuary, if iīm not wrong. I hope you enjoy it. Tips and suggestions are welcomed.

Medio
07-15-2010, 08:47 AM
Here is another map of mine, a black and white CC3 with PS effects, called Ancoria & Tirgan:

Sapiento
07-15-2010, 08:54 AM
Good looking maps, Medio!

Medio
07-15-2010, 09:41 AM
Thank you; not sure if you like them in B&W, but there you go!

Katto
07-15-2010, 09:59 AM
Welcome to the guild Medio!
I've seen your Erdan map already at the PF forum. Good work. Have some rep for your first post. It would be nice if you would introduce yourself in the introduction section.
Huh, if you want to attach a map, please click the "Go Advanced" button and insert the picture there. Steel General already corrected your first post and he will get grey hair if he sees the b/w map ;)

Medio
07-15-2010, 10:43 AM
Thanks Katto, will go to the introduction section asap, and now i know how to add maps ;).

StillCypher
07-15-2010, 11:21 AM
The Ancoria map is particularly nice. I dunno about the border going past the edges of the parchment, though, and I can't read the legend!

NeonKnight
07-15-2010, 01:30 PM
Welcome to the Guild!

I do enjoy seeing some nice CC3 maps!

Gallifreyan
07-15-2010, 09:42 PM
Wow those are some very nice maps, 5 stars. You did a very good job with the coastlines and continent shapes. My favorite map is the Ancoria & Tirgan map, I like the hand drawn style.

The river next to "Basset" on the Erden looks kinda straight and I noticed that there is a lake on top of another lake near "Taresia".

Gandwarf
07-15-2010, 09:50 PM
Very nice maps Medio. These are some great examples of what's possible with CC3 (and maybe some postwork with Photoshop).
The first map has a style that was actually developed by Clercon, one of the members of the guild.

Medio
07-16-2010, 03:40 AM
Very nice maps Medio. These are some great examples of what's possible with CC3 (and maybe some postwork with Photoshop).
The first map has a style that was actually developed by Clercon, one of the members of the guild.

Hey Gandwarf, didnīt know it was a Guild member who made the Fantasy Worlds style, i guess i must congratulate him when i see him, itīs a very interesting style which offers many possibilities. Erdan map has none PS work as i (and Ralf) wanted as a pure CC3 map; Ancoria one has some PS effects, but really nothing that couldnīt be done with CC3, although i prefer PS for postwork usually, even if iīm not a master of PS.

By the way, lovely tutorials and city style. Props to you!

Medio
07-16-2010, 03:45 AM
Wow those are some very nice maps, 5 stars. You did a very good job with the coastlines and continent shapes. My favorite map is the Ancoria & Tirgan map, I like the hand drawn style.

The river next to "Basset" on the Erden looks kinda straight and I noticed that there is a lake on top of another lake near "Taresia".

Youīre right on both things; itīs odd about the "double lake", i will take the small one. Humm and yeah, i guess iīll work a bit on that river. I wanted it straight but not as much, i used Nile as that riverīs example. Actually, i want to work on ALL rivers, iīm not too sold on the colour, i want to put a narrow dark blue line and also some width reduction, but up to now i didnīt find a solution that i like it. This is an unfinished map actually, maybe i shouldnīt have posted on this section :D, i also have to add capitol cities and more. But wedding time is approaching so i wonīt probably edit it until September or so. Thanks a lot in anyways for such tips, thatīs precisely what i was looking for, along some advices for improving the map.