PDA

View Full Version : Quick Mapping with Photoshop

Quabbe
07-20-2010, 06:12 PM
Hey there,

I often use actions to do this and that much faster. So I experimented a while around and this is the result. An action which automatically creates the continent, mountains and a bit of finetuning. If you want to use it, go to window -> actions -> load action and choose 'Quick Mapping' from the list, after you downloaded and unzipped it. Nothing more to do than clicking on each step, it creates automatically a new document.

I don't know if it works with older versions than CS4 or other language packages than english (as it seems to be guided by the layer names). If not, I'm sorry. :( If it does work, have fun. :)

But for now I hope I get it even uploaded.

Oh, I forgot: if it says something about 'no pixels selected' in step 2, just click okay. That randomly appears, when the mountains get a bit too small.

best,
Quabbe

Bill Hooks
07-20-2010, 07:06 PM
Nice work! I got it to work fine in CS3, although I had to delete the Set Pattern commands and edit the Fill with Pattern command so it could find my Patterns folder.

tgouletfrancois
07-22-2010, 01:03 PM
Same here, but here's what I've got.

Nice! Thanks!

Quabbe
07-23-2010, 01:28 PM
Hey,

thats great. If you like it, i'm happy. :)

I also wanted to include a forest, but the style I was going for wasn't doable with actions. It seems not to work with pathed brushes (the adjustments have not been taken over).

Anyway, maybe another time. :)

Quabbe