PDA

View Full Version : *** July/August Challenge - Fields of Glory ***

torstan
07-23-2010, 11:03 AM
Following on from the World Cup fever, this month's lite challenge is to map a sports ground. This could be a football pitch (of either type) or as complex as a lethal gladiatorial arena in a demi-plane of dreams. All cultures create games arenas for entertainment, and the choice of game says a lot about the culture that enjoys it.

Please preface all thumbnails with ### Latest WIP ### so that the images are included in the thumbnails page.

This challenge will end on the 15th of August. Good luck, and may the best mapper win!

Juggernaut1981
07-24-2010, 05:22 AM
Woohoo... I think I'll have to do this.

Hmm... sporting options:

1) Gladiator's Arena
2) "BloodBowl" Arena
3) Aztec "Basketball" Arena
4) Bullrush... involving Gorgons or Real Bulls

Ascension
07-24-2010, 07:57 AM
I've been wanting to do this for so long and it ends up as a lite challenge, dang. Maybe I'll do it anyway just for fun and remove myself from voting.

ravells
07-24-2010, 08:09 AM
3) Aztec "Basketball" Arena

Ha ha...no prizes for guessing what they used as the ball!

Steel General
07-24-2010, 08:12 AM
I've been wanting to do this for so long and it ends up as a lite challenge, dang. Maybe I'll do it anyway just for fun and remove myself from voting.

I was thinking the same thing.

Ascension
07-24-2010, 08:14 AM
If we don't use the latest wip tag then I think we'll be fine for when the script catches the pics. Maybe we can run a big boy section concurrently with this.

Steel General
07-24-2010, 08:15 AM
If we don't use the latest wip tag then I think we'll be fine for when the script catches the pics. Maybe we can run a big boy section concurrently with this.

Either of those would work for me

ravells
07-24-2010, 08:43 AM
Me too. I'd love to take part in this challenge!

Aelyn
07-24-2010, 10:03 AM
I guess I'll enter this competition as well- the topic suits my plans on developing my world. ;) It's actually sad that this is just a lite challenge, I'd like to see the big boys' work... but on the other hand, good for me! Got to start pondering about my plans for this challenge right away. *woosh*

Aval Penworth
07-29-2010, 07:34 PM
A week into this challenge and no starts! Is anyone else planning an entry?

rdanhenry
07-30-2010, 02:16 AM
Oh, I think I have to, thanks to it being my suggestion.

Jaxilon
07-30-2010, 10:35 AM
I've got some thoughts going on in my head but I'm not sure if I can do this one and some of the other contests I've been looking at. Not enough time for art, and too much time busting my hump means I can't do them all.

torstan
08-15-2010, 11:10 AM
This challenge will finish at 7pm GMT today. Make sure you get your final WIPs up, with the Latest WIP tag on them, before then.