PDA

View Full Version : [Other] Deadclock7's Hand Drwan Map: Fields of Suradan

Deadclock7
07-24-2010, 11:54 AM
Hey Deadclock7 here and I need some brushes and advice for Trees, Hills, Mouatians and Symbols (Such as Cities and places of interest).

This is a Wip, so your controbution would help alot. =3

Feel free to edit this and post it up. Srry I spelled Drawn wrong, and I don't think i spelled, spelled right.

Ascension
07-24-2010, 12:31 PM
The Resource section has all sorts of brushes in it that you can use for hills, mtns, forests, etc. Deviant Art also has a ton of stuff but you'll have to run a search there cuz there's far too many artists there to list all of their brushes. As for now, the only thing that I can see is that your rivers are all one thickness - try to get the ends tapered by using a smaller brush tip or using the Smudge tool. You might also want to put some fat and skinny parts in your river to give it some variation. But so far so good cuz there's not a lot here yet.

Deadclock7
07-24-2010, 12:39 PM
I tried placing trees and moutains, but it doesnt end up looking how a wanted it, it would help if someone else placed them.

But thx for the advice scension.

And heres how I would like the placment stuff.

Ascension
07-24-2010, 01:11 PM
Oh, duh, my bad. I thought this was a WIP. Bad CL. Now I have to go sit in a corner for a while.

Deadclock7
07-24-2010, 01:15 PM
Whell, its kinda a WIP, but i need help on trees and stuff, it's ok.

Do you have any gimp brushes?

Ascension
07-24-2010, 03:50 PM
I think all Photoshop brushes can be used in Gimp, might need input from a Gimper on that but I know most work. Like I said, there's a bunch in the Resource section.

Jaxilon
07-24-2010, 04:29 PM
Well, I'm still no expert on brushes in Gimp - still don't know how to use ore make a rotating one either but I am pretty sure you can always open up the PS brushes as images in Gimp and with a little effort save them as Gimp brushes.

Deadclock7
07-24-2010, 11:08 PM
That's amazing, thanks for the help.

Gidde
07-25-2010, 06:25 PM
Gimp brushes won't rotate (in the stable version) until 2.8 comes out, to the best of my knowledge. PS brushes will indeed work in gimp, just dump em in your brushes folder as if they were gimp brushes :)