PDA

View Full Version : Eastern Anneira (revision)

Diamond
08-15-2010, 01:49 AM
This is a redesign of a map/world I've posted twice before; each incarnation has grown in detail and scope. I just started writing a 'handbook' for this setting that I may use as a basis for a novel someday. This is only the southeastern portion of a fairly large continent. In addition to this one, there are at least four more continents, which I've only thought about in the sketchiest of detail so far. Anneira itself is a 'classic' (read - medieval European) low-fantasy setting. One exception is the decided paucity of magic-users; two events in the past have led to a world which fears and distrusts magic.

Thanks and kudos go to Ramah and vhailor27 for the hill brushes (which I used as mountains :D). The map was done in photoshop with multiple land and forest layers to get the 'dissolved/blurred' effects on the coastlines and forest edges. Fonts used are Freebooter, Fertigo Pro, and good old Times New Roman. All artwork is from Clipart ETC (http://etc.usf.edu/clipart/).

Hope y'all like it.

Jaxilon
08-15-2010, 02:39 AM
Nice, I like the colors you used too.

Quabbe
08-15-2010, 02:49 AM
Nice work! Goes right into my favs folder. :)

Quabbe

Katto
08-15-2010, 03:56 AM
Nice map! The choice of colors is well done and thanks for the link, nice stuff there.

Avengeil
08-15-2010, 10:25 AM
A really nice map and the colors are wonderful but I don't know why but the sea seems to me as it is in a higher elevation than the landmasses.

P.S. Don't take my opinion seriously cause I might be saying what doesn't feel right to me but talentwise I'm dry as a rock.