PDA

View Full Version : World map WIP, near completion, need advice

Will
08-15-2010, 08:21 AM
Hello all.

This is my latest masochistic effort, a world map that depicts a bazillion cities (I counted). It's meant to be a sort of proof-of-concept map, just so I can learn Fractal Terrains (and keep honing my PS skills as well) and convince myself I can complete something this complicated. I would really appreciate any feedback, so let me know what changes or additions you'd like to see. :) I'm thinking a North arrow, and a scale bar, and perhaps a key to the topography colors...

As always, thanks to everyone here, because without this community, I'd still be doodling rubbish.

Will

NeonKnight
08-15-2010, 09:25 AM
Looks good to me

Steel General
08-15-2010, 09:39 AM
Looking good so far.

In addition to the items you mentioned (scale, compass rose, etc.), for me the colors for the higher elevations are a bit to muted and could be darkened up a bit.

cjs0216
08-15-2010, 10:06 AM
Personally, I would clean up all of the little tiny period sized islands, unless of course you meant to leave them in. And I agree with the General...you ought to make the elevation colors darker.

Ascension
08-15-2010, 12:05 PM
I like it as is, shrug.

Will
08-15-2010, 05:33 PM
Looks good to me

Thanks! :)

Will
08-15-2010, 05:37 PM
Looking good so far.

In addition to the items you mentioned (scale, compass rose, etc.), for me the colors for the higher elevations are a bit to muted and could be darkened up a bit.

Agreed. That's going to be a lot of work, but I think it's worth it. Perhaps brown for the mid elevations and gray/white for the highest? For some contrast? Thanks for the input!

Will
08-15-2010, 05:41 PM
Personally, I would clean up all of the little tiny period sized islands, unless of course you meant to leave them in. And I agree with the General...you ought to make the elevation colors darker.

I suppose it's strange there are no little islands in the middle of the oceans and seas, so you may be right about erasing the ones near the coast. I do like them, though. They add to the verisimilitude, for me... And yeah, you and the General are right about the elevation colors. I was lazy with them. :) Thanks for the opinions!

Will
08-15-2010, 05:44 PM
I like it as is, shrug.

Thank you! You wouldn't even add the items I mentioned, though? Is the map getting too cluttered? :?: