PDA

View Full Version : Project Cosmos - New Haven, Capital World

tovette
08-19-2010, 09:39 PM
I first posted this in the Scifi forum but figured since it wasn't a WIP I should put it here in the gallery. :) Sorry, Mods, still figuring this place out.
Like I said in the first post for this map, it's the home world for humanity in my universe I work on my free time. In this distant future humanity goes by the new name- 'Belkuri'.
I have a bunch of other maps like this one for other worlds in my universe that I'll post up when I get more time.

THE BIG VERSION IS HERE (http://www.projectcosmos.net/New_Haven_100dpi_Preview.jpg).

Hope you enjoy it. I'll upload more planets later.

Katto
08-20-2010, 03:24 AM
Well done! The blue borders remind me of the Next Generation layout.

tovette
08-20-2010, 03:35 AM
Thanks a lot, Katto. :) Yeah some of the borders do a little. I tried to stay away from too much of that influence.

Katto
08-20-2010, 03:47 AM
The NG layout has a very high recognition factor especially the blue border. You can find variants of it almost everywhere: car computer, navigation system etc. I really would try another color and layout because everyone will connect it with Star Trek immediatly.

tovette
08-20-2010, 04:28 AM
The NG layout has a very high recognition factor especially the blue border. You can find variants of it almost everywhere: car computer, navigation system etc. I really would try another color and layout because everyone will connect it with Star Trek immediatly.

Ah, well I would, but these are going to be printed. And I'd already chosen the final layout. :)

tilt
08-20-2010, 10:23 AM
looks really good .. .have some rep for that with my +5 phaser of repping ;)

nolgroth
08-20-2010, 01:22 PM
Awesome map. Don't care about any perceived Star Trek similarities.

exit
08-20-2010, 02:13 PM
I have to disagree - Star Trek isn't my first instinct when I see this, but it does evoke a typical sci-fi layout... In a good way! It gets the point across what the setting of the map is, as if I'm seeing it right on any kind of console not just the Enterprise's. And the information panes underneath bring back memories of classic sci-fi exploration games like Star Control and Mass Effect.

Quite frankly, it makes me want to play a game based on your map :)

tovette
08-20-2010, 02:30 PM
I have to disagree - Star Trek isn't my first instinct when I see this, but it does evoke a typical sci-fi layout... In a good way! It gets the point across what the setting of the map is, as if I'm seeing it right on any kind of console not just the Enterprise's. And the information panes underneath bring back memories of classic sci-fi exploration games like Star Control and Mass Effect.

Quite frankly, it makes me want to play a game based on your map :)

Woohoo!! :) :p I've been making concept cards for Magic: The Gathering style game for Project Cosmos as well if anyone wants to see those. I'm not sure what forum they'd go in though...

mearrin69
08-21-2010, 07:59 PM
Love to see them. I think you could put them in the General forum...several have posted other sorts of art there.
M

Rythal
08-22-2010, 07:42 PM
Awesome Job! Repp'd