PDA

View Full Version : August/September Entry: Lands of the Leaking Lakes

Marken4
08-20-2010, 10:49 AM
I know. It's not very original, but I don't care, just had to do it :) I'm not nearly finished yet, but I thought I should lay out first draft before anyone else steals my idea :P

### Latest WIP ###

tilt
08-20-2010, 10:56 AM
great idea - and looking good so far - and thank god it isn't my job to refill those lakes :)

Marken4
08-20-2010, 11:00 AM
Hehe ^^ Thanks :)

Gallifreyan
08-20-2010, 03:11 PM
Looks great! I love your choice for mountains! I would use that style if I could draw :P

Katto
08-20-2010, 05:09 PM
Those mountains look fantastic so far. This will be a real good challenge map if you continue with this pace :)

ravells
08-20-2010, 05:40 PM
Got to go with everyone is saying....Great mountains!

Marken4
08-21-2010, 09:55 AM
Hehe, thanks everyone ^^ I guess I'll have to thank Peter for his guide then :P http://www.brodt.dk/peter/mount.html

Anyway, got around and updated the map, added some forest (wich took AGES btw) and made the background black.. Ehm... Yeah, I updated the falling water on "Ever Fall", and I guess I'm going to do the same on "Great Blue" soon.

And the names. Just quickly sketched down since I was in the creative mood, I will draw small cities for every city, ruin, monastry whatever.

Btw, does anyone has any suggestions for what font I can use? :\

### Latest WIP ###

Ascension
08-21-2010, 03:29 PM
I saw Manose and immediately thought of Gwydion of Manosse (Ashe) from the Elizabeth Haydon books (one of my fave characters - I tell my nieces that I'm half dragon too). I think the waterfalls need something - they're kind of straight and flat, they need some foam and some squiggles and highlights or something. As far as fonts go, man, there's too many to pick from so it's personal preference.

Marken4
08-21-2010, 04:12 PM
Manose as in, make no sence ^^ I've never read any books of Elizabeth Hayden :)

In the newest version I have updated the waterfalls so they don't look like icicles any more :P

Marken4
08-21-2010, 08:57 PM
Okey, I think I'm finished :)

(Btw, I see that everyone else has started their threadname with "August/September Entry:" - Is this very important? :? Because if it is - how do I change it?)

### Latest WIP ###

Crayons
08-21-2010, 10:09 PM
It is, indeed, one of the rules - it's either a symptom of incipient bureaucracy or something to do with the "thumbnail scraper".
The "thumbnail scraper" they mention has puzzled me for some time, I've always assumed that it is some sort of torture device reserved for people who don't read the rules. My advice to you would be to change your name,sell all your belongings and try to make a run for somewhere like Alaska* and hope that their spies don't range that far.
[* or Basingstoke ]
Either that, or beg one of the admins to change your thread title for you? :D

Marken4
08-21-2010, 10:57 PM
Haha! Already googleing false identity.. Kidding:

ADMINS: Please change my thread-name to "August/September Entry: Lands of the Leaking Lakes"

(I gues I'll just have to delete this thread and make a new one if this doesn't work then :\)

Jaxilon
08-22-2010, 01:11 AM
Someone will come along and fix you up, not to worry. You aren't the first one to do it. The contest goes until the 15th so there is lots of time for one of them to wander along and correct it. :)

Marken4
08-22-2010, 05:35 AM
Oh - Good :)

Crayons
08-22-2010, 08:31 PM
It appears to have magically happened! It would seem like like little gnomes have crept in while we were asleep and fixed the title and if you're lucky, mended some shoes?
Perhaps "the thumbnail scraper" is some sort of shadowy secret minion of the admins' who sneaks in during the night hours and puts grit in your bed and drools over your pinkies? When he isn't torturing something??

Marken4
08-23-2010, 02:49 AM
Yeah... Maybe... ^^

Ramah
08-23-2010, 07:54 AM
I thought I'd get in before Rdanhenry does and let you know that you have a spelling mistake. Monastry should be Monastery.

Very nice map btw. :)

Marken4
08-23-2010, 08:00 AM
Thanks, I'll change it right away