PDA

View Full Version : The Western Nations

Hidden
08-25-2010, 10:46 AM
So, this is something I made AGES ago. A good 6 years ago or so. Originally, these were drawn by hand, the line art for the land shapes, scanned in, brought to photoshop and worked on there. All of this was done by hand. A couple of the stamps are premade, but. I really wish I had all of my original maps that I drew over 10 years ago, but Hurricane Katrina took those away in 2005 and this is the only one I had left in the recesses of my photobucket.

Also, first MAP posting in the Guild. :D

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f372/wendellman/map.jpg

Rythal
08-25-2010, 05:09 PM
ooh I like. The satelite style mountains are usually a pain to reconcile on a hand drawn map, but you seem to have pulled it off fairly well. I think it would look a little bit better though if the peaks weren't as "soft". Either way, the landmass and the grunge both look superb!

Great first map post

Sapiento
08-26-2010, 05:06 AM
Very, very nice!

tilt
08-26-2010, 05:14 AM
looks really cool.. .nice first map he said swinging his mace of nice repping +5 :)

Ramah
08-26-2010, 06:01 AM
I really like the landmass shapes you have and the colouring of the map. The only thing I don't like about the map is the mountains, but that's just personal preference. Great stuff. :)

Hidden
08-26-2010, 12:54 PM
Hah! Replies! I was not expecting them!

Anyway, yeah. I wasn't too pleased with the mountains when I look at them now. I had something going for them and sorta left them too smooth. But, eh, like I said. This was a couple of years ago, at least.

but thanks for the positive replies! I am currently working on a HUGE map project and hope to be able to share some of it within the next week.