PDA

View Full Version : Lurk no More! Well, perhaps a little more...

Faithfully_Lost
08-28-2010, 12:32 PM
Hello! I've been browsing the forums for a few months, mainly trying to play with things on my own (and not usually coming out with the results I'd like when it comes to my hand-drawn maps (Photoshop and I are currently in the middle of a disagreement or I'd gladly show pictures of what I mean). Though, I'm not sure on how it is looked upon here, I can take pieces of google maps and throw them together to get roughly what I want, though I could use more than a little help with blending terrain.

I run Photoshop CS3, no tablet [though I am in the market for one] on a laptop [talk about headache and a half].

I spend a lot of my time creating, running and maintaining Play-by-Post RPG sites, so I am always in need of easy to understand and visually attractive maps!
I also am working on a Classic BattleTech interchangeable scenario map, as well as a world for a D20 based Table top RPG.

Ascension
08-28-2010, 12:41 PM
There are a few others on here who chop up Google maps and make them fit to what they want. And, honestly, I think it's a fine beginner method because if you stare at the real satellite images enough some of it starts to rub off...though you may not know the underlying science behind it. So welcome.

tilt
08-28-2010, 01:44 PM
welcome to the guild, looks like you've allready mapping a lot - so I look forward to seing your first WIP thread in here :)

Redrobes
08-28-2010, 07:15 PM
Classic battletech sounds good - wanna see ! Also id say blending textures is easier than blending whole google map bits. Well I think so anyway. Welcome !

Faithfully_Lost
08-28-2010, 10:54 PM
Thank you for the welcomes!

I'll be sure to get some of my current projects uploaded ASAP for some much-needed critique.

Rythal
08-28-2010, 11:29 PM
Welcome to the guild!

Steel General
08-29-2010, 08:59 AM
Welcome Aboard!

Faithfully_Lost
08-29-2010, 10:56 AM
Thank you Rythal and Steel General!

NeonKnight
08-30-2010, 08:33 PM
Welcome to the Guild!