PDA

View Full Version : Hello!

Whim
08-28-2010, 05:52 PM
Hello there, cartographers!

My name is Whim, I'm a 21 year old girl who absolutely loves fantasy and anything make-believe :D. I'm so excited to be on these forums! I've been lurking around the site for a good while now, but I've never really bothered to join before. I do a bit of cartography if a mood strikes me, but nothing as extravagant as what you all have shared. Lately though, and especially since I've started reading G.R.R. Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire series, I've been in SUCH a mood to make maps! I particularly wanted to tackle a portion of Westeros (a continent in the series). I noticed someone else here has made one and it is absolutely stunning!

Anyway, enough of my rambles. Glad to be here and I can't wait to get started on contributing to the site!

rdanhenry
08-28-2010, 06:36 PM
Welcome to the Guild!

mearrin69
08-28-2010, 07:16 PM
Welcome to the Guild, Whim! Looking forward to seeing your progress.
M

Redrobes
08-28-2010, 08:13 PM
It's a tsunami of ladies joining the guild ! Its about time you girls got the map making bug. Welcome to the guild Whim !

tilt
08-29-2010, 02:18 AM
Hi Whim, welcome to the guild. Westeros is surely a great place to map (and great books... if he just would pull it together and finish them *lol*) ... go look through the tutorial section and see if you can find a good style to work with, then post in the WIP section when you're ready for critique and help :)

Steel General
08-29-2010, 09:54 AM
Welcome Aboard!

NeonKnight
08-30-2010, 09:32 PM
Welcome to the Guild!