PDA

View Full Version : Refugee from the Dundjinni Forums

Mercutio
08-31-2010, 04:02 PM
Never considered my mapping skills on par with the posters here, although I've been aware of CG for years and registered more than a year ago, actually. Dundjinni forums are where I posted most of my maps, as I used to use DJ exclusively. Over the last 2 years I've migrated to GIMP for primary map creation as I taught myself first by modifying the DJ creations and then by tutorials here. Anyway, Dundjinni forums are down, and have been for the better part of a month.

I'm running a Pirates of the Caribbean campaign at online-roleplaying.com using the Pathfinder rules, and while searching for sailing ships that I could use here (I created the main one for the game, but I don't have the hours to sink into making that many more) I came across someone asking for ship-to-ship combat rules. Bad form, I'm sure, but I posted in that thread first, and then figured I'd better come introduce myself.

Anyway, nice place you all have here. I've learned a lot in the short time I've been crawling through the various tutorials.

torstan
08-31-2010, 04:12 PM
Welcome to the guild! Good to see you here - and it's great to get some more cross-over with DJ. Both sites have a lot of great stuff on them and it would be interesting to have a little more cross-pollination.

You should throw some of your stuff up on the forums. I'd love to see some of your maps.

Steel General
08-31-2010, 04:34 PM
Welcome Aboard!

Mercutio
08-31-2010, 05:34 PM
Thanks. I'll post a few of my maps up in the next couple of days.

NeonKnight
08-31-2010, 10:07 PM
Welcome to the Guild!

Redrobes
09-01-2010, 09:04 AM
Welcome. I heard that the DJ forums were moving to a new server and were down for a while. We post a lot of people off to there for map icons and widgets but we dont see all that many DJ maps here and I don't know why cos it makes great maps.

Jaxilon
09-01-2010, 10:48 AM
Welcome aboard