PDA

View Full Version : Small Regional: Windward Farm Area

dav
09-02-2010, 04:33 PM
I've hit a point where I'm not quite sure how I feel about my map. I'd appreciate some (gentle) criticism and assistance - I think I'm a little burned out, and keep playing aimlessly only to delete everything back to this point.

I'm most unsure about the trees, which are attempt 3,418 to get something I like, and the colors, particularly saturation levels, but everything else is fair game. What do you love/hate/feel ambivalent about?

I've got other features to add, but most of them are small scale - does it feel "balanced" from a layout view?

tilt
09-02-2010, 04:45 PM
maybe you should have taken a pause at attempt 3,14? ;)
I think that the trees fall out ouf style - the other elements are crisp and clear and the trees blurry - you need to make them as crisp and clear to make them fit in with the rest :)

dav
09-03-2010, 08:18 AM
maybe you should have taken a pause at attempt 3,14? ;)
I think that the trees fall out ouf style - the other elements are crisp and clear and the trees blurry - you need to make them as crisp and clear to make them fit in with the rest :)

Ha. Yeah. The tree issue has actually been ongoing since the beginning. Every day or two I make a new attempt, and then a few days later take it out.

It's a good observation with the clarity - I do generally want things delineated. If you think of a way to make it happen, I'd appreciate a nudge.