PDA

View Full Version : WIP - Nentir Vale - The Village of Nenlast

geamon
09-03-2010, 04:36 PM
Decided as first non battle map to create is a town/city map of "The Village of Nenlast" located in the Nentir Vale in the point of lights setting for 4th edition D&D. Because of city needs a story more so then a random dungeon during it's creation I did a quick write up in .pdf format of the various elements about the location. Hopefully I don't flop this. :)

geamon
09-03-2010, 05:33 PM
So I'm still conceptualizing and I have some questions. I asked this in my polled thread but i think it was missed being the last post of the thread. Is a vector based image editor a great boon for making city maps and should i get one? I uploaded a VERY rough draft to get a sense of the layout and I'm not to sure on what my general layout should be. Is this organic enough of a shape on the edge of a bluff like this? Are walls too much defense for a 650 inhabitant town? Any suggestions or ideas?

geamon
09-04-2010, 03:41 AM
With the announcement of this months challenge I'm gonna shelf this for a later date.

Avengeil
09-04-2010, 04:34 AM
Even though I read your latest post about entering the super challenge and postponing this project I just wanted to answer your question about the walls.Winterhaven, a city of 977 people had walls so for me it would be fairly logical for Nenlast to have walls for protection.
Either way good luck on the challenge.