PDA

View Full Version : Zenita

Sapiento
09-06-2010, 03:11 AM
A commissioned piece. I could not upload the map (too big) therefore a link to my DA gallery, just klick on the map.

All done in PS.

http://th01.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2010/248/5/c/zenita_by_sapiento-d2y4ezo.jpg (http://www.deviantart.com/download/178245348/zenita_by_sapiento-d2y4ezo.jpg)

Avengeil
09-06-2010, 03:35 AM
It just captures my eye and makes me want to print it out full size but that would cost me in ink too much.
My only comment is that the center mountain range looks a bit weird due to it's position, but that's my opinion and if it's there because the map was commissioned and they wanted it like that it's fine with me.

Either way repped.

Sapiento
09-06-2010, 03:46 AM
It just captures my eye and makes me want to print it out full size but that would cost me in ink too much.
My only comment is that the center mountain range looks a bit weird due to it's position, but that's my opinion and if it's there because the map was commissioned and they wanted it like that it's fine with me.

Either way repped.

Thank you, Avengeil. The central mountain range was indeed crucial for this map as it works as a barrier between the halves of this world. Due to very bad storms the way over sea to reach the other side is practically impossible. And the arctic regions are to hostile, too.

mearrin69
09-06-2010, 03:49 AM
LOL. Pretty map, crazy names and terrain. You did a really nice job on it!

Yeah, the mountain range makes me go WTF!?! (hope that's okay to use on the board) but then again I've been watching Dexter lately (Deb and her potty mouth). Do you know the story behind that thing?
M

edit: Ninja'd! Ah. Plot device terrain. Say no more. :)

Dron
09-06-2010, 04:49 AM
The map is really cool. Particularly I like the demographic view of the map and the respective names. Wouldn't You mind if I eventually used some of them as an inspiration in my maps?

Sapiento
09-06-2010, 05:35 AM
The map is really cool. Particularly I like the demographic view of the map and the respective names. Wouldn't You mind if I eventually used some of them as an inspiration in my maps?

Thank you!
You can of course use the map as inspiration, but no direct use or copying. The copyright belongs to the client who ordered this map.

ravells
09-06-2010, 05:41 AM
Beautifully done, Sapiento! It reminds me a little of the map to the 'Dragon Pass' boardgame which I love a lot.

Sapiento
09-06-2010, 05:49 AM
Beautifully done, Sapiento! It reminds me a little of the map to the 'Dragon Pass' boardgame which I love a lot.

Thank you, ravs! :-) This commission gave me the possibility to play around with the style. It was very interesting to create this piece.

Diamond
09-06-2010, 06:45 AM
Damn nice work, man. The colors are so vibrant and beautiful, and I really like this painterly style you're cultivating. Repped.

Ramah
09-06-2010, 06:49 AM
Very nice. Very colourful.

I like the markers you have done for cities and towers more than some of your previous maps. Not that those have been bad but they've always looked kinda square and stuck out somewhat. These ones are lovely. :)

Ascension
09-06-2010, 10:00 AM
Nice work, man. I gotta live up to this one as the client has me doing the same map but in Jasmine Coast style for a wall poster. Tough act to follow.

Steel General
09-06-2010, 10:22 AM
Nicely done...

Sapiento
09-06-2010, 10:59 AM
Thank you all. Especially Ramah - the tree generator made live much easier. I'm still waiting to see the 'Honorable Contributor' medal added to Ramah's name.

Nice work, man. I gotta live up to this one as the client has me doing the same map but in Jasmine Coast style for a wall poster. Tough act to follow.

Really? I wasn't aware that there is another cartographer working on a second map. Can't wait to see the result.

Ramah
09-06-2010, 11:22 AM
Thank you all. Especially Ramah - the tree generator made live much easier. I'm still waiting to see the 'Honorable Contributor' medal added to Ramah's name.

You're welcome. Glad you're finding it useful. :)

Immolate
09-06-2010, 12:48 PM
Sapi... this is definitely an impressive piece. I really love the mountains. The trees are also visually stunning, though I'm not a fan of stark, long shadows on trees. They draw the eye too strongly which I think takes something away. It's a quibble on a piece of this scope though. I'm giving you one of my rare fives, which means that in my opinion, this is a masterpiece.

Djekspek
09-06-2010, 06:42 PM
love the way you did this. Colorful and clearly got the Sapiento-look. great stuff!

Sapiento
09-07-2010, 03:24 AM
Sapi... this is definitely an impressive piece. I really love the mountains. The trees are also visually stunning, though I'm not a fan of stark, long shadows on trees. They draw the eye too strongly which I think takes something away. It's a quibble on a piece of this scope though. I'm giving you one of my rare fives, which means that in my opinion, this is a masterpiece.

love the way you did this. Colorful and clearly got the Sapiento-look. great stuff!

:) What a good start in the morning to read such comments. Thank you!