PDA

View Full Version : Village of Rockface

NeonKnight
11-18-2007, 06:50 PM
So, in my Campaign, I am starting to get things geared up for the BIG CHANGES OF 4TH EDITION D&D!

To that extent I am gonna transport my PCs to a who new campaign world (maybe I'll just send them someplace and bring emback to my old campaign world with changes, don;t know yet).

To that extent they will travel to the village of Rockface in the Mountainous region of the northern end of the Island of Shimark.

So I need to redo the village map from my old Pen-N-Paper version to a newer CC3 style.

jaerdaph
11-18-2007, 08:47 PM
I always love looking at your hand drawn maps, NeonKnight. I noticed from the title on the map that you have some calligraphy skills too - is that another one of your hobbies?

Look forward to seeing the CC3 version. :)

NeonKnight
11-18-2007, 10:03 PM
I always love looking at your hand drawn maps, NeonKnight. I noticed from the title on the map that you have some calligraphy skills too - is that another one of your hobbies?

Look forward to seeing the CC3 version. :)

Back in the day, yeah Calligraphy was another hobby.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaay back in the day (like 20 years ago :P

jaerdaph
11-19-2007, 10:50 AM
Waaaaaaaaaaaaay back in the day (like 20 years ago :P

You're talkin' 'bout my generation too. :)

I remember a surge of interest in calligraphy back in the 80s and pre-Windows. Of course I never had the patience to learn that skill. It was a Digital Renaissance for me when Windows, WYSIWYG and TrueType fonts came along.

Now my son and my nephews bust me because I still listen to my cassette tapes (which I used to listen to while cruising in my "bitchin' Camero") and have a portable CD player I swear by instead of an MP3 player and don't have a MySpace.

Thank goodness I have a Treo so I don't look like a total fossil LOL! :D

RobA
11-19-2007, 11:09 AM
"bitchin' Camero"

Man, thats a hilarious song! - I'd forgotten about it!

(obligatory youtube link for those who have no idea what I am talking about (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-G81xwG4xQU))

-Rob A>

Keedo
11-19-2007, 12:04 PM

(obligatory youtube link for those who have no idea what I am talking about (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-G81xwG4xQU))

-Rob A>

"Yeah my folks drove it up here from the Bahamas."
"You're kidding!"
"Yeah I must be kidding. The Bahamas are islands."

landorl
11-20-2007, 12:02 PM
At least it wasn't an 8-track... The wave of the future!

I can't wait to see this in CC3. I'm dying for City Designer to come out!

NeonKnight
11-20-2007, 12:09 PM
Huh.....

As I was getting this map ready to go for CC3, I found I had already done it in CC2.

Oh well, not gonna stop me from doing it all a new :D

landorl
11-20-2007, 08:47 PM
You could just import this into CC3, then assign certain layers to sheets and do some effects on there to get some different results.

One thing that I like to do is to make my roads and paths a little less defined by blurring them so that the edges aren't quite as crisp.

jaerdaph
11-21-2007, 11:38 AM

The Dead Milkmen rule!

Archmagician
11-30-2007, 02:30 PM
I am sure glad that I am not the general assigned to defend that city! Can you imagine how bad it would be if the enemy climbed into the hills and rolled rocks down on you?

:|

Alexander did that to one city in Afghanistan...actually all he did was have 5 guys scale the cliffs and then wave down at the people in the city, they immediately surrendered! :P