PDA

View Full Version : Simple forest maker battlemap test

Jaxilon
09-09-2010, 03:26 AM
I used this Simple Forest Maker (http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?11793-Another-(very-simple)-forest-maker) to create this forest. I then used Gimp to cut out the paths for road and river and created the rest.

It's just a test run to see how useful it was. I spent about an hour but a lot of that was messing around with the water.

Ramah
09-09-2010, 11:25 AM
Not to draw attention away from this new app, but TreeThing could also be used to make top-down battlemap type forests. All it needs is the brushes making for it.

Jaxilon
09-09-2010, 05:38 PM
I would love to use it but I'm clearly too stupid Ramah. I have it but it doesn't work. I open it but nothing seems to happen. I just need to go back and re-download it again and try once more. Now that you have a tutorial for it I might be able to create something with it. Whatever my malfunction is this application just worked out of the box for me. It had like 8 instructions which were read in like 5 minutes.

I want to create all my own brushes because I really dislike using anyone else's. I guarantee as soon as I get the TreeThing to work I will create a battlemap with it :) Or maybe something better. It does seem really robust and I honestly look forward to using it once I figure it out. :)

Ramah
09-09-2010, 06:55 PM
Actually, it's probably because I forgot to update the first post with the fixed version. :s

Sapiento told me of an error with it and I posted a fix for it at the end of the thread but forgot to upload a fixed version at the start. D'oh! I'll update it first thing tomorrow. Sorry.

As a quick fix you can just download the extra zip I posted at the end of the thread and unzip it into your root TreeThing directory.