PDA

View Full Version : WIP Arhuul Empire

Sapiento
09-12-2010, 04:42 AM
A more cartoon-like approach to a new map. Somehow I'm not really satisfied with the mushroom trees. I'm considering to replace them.

mearrin69
09-12-2010, 06:56 AM
Well, I like it. The colors are great and I don't mind the mushroom trees one bit. They look cool. Are they supposed to be mushrooms? Are they supposed to be red? :) They'd be great for an underdark map. The hills might look better if they had a bit of transparency at the bottom so they blended into the base color? It's a great looking start.
M

Sapiento
09-12-2010, 08:09 AM
Well, I like it. The colors are great and I don't mind the mushroom trees one bit. They look cool. Are they supposed to be mushrooms? Are they supposed to be red? :) They'd be great for an underdark map. The hills might look better if they had a bit of transparency at the bottom so they blended into the base color? It's a great looking start.
M

Thanks. The 'trees' are more a mix of real tree and mushroom, more wood than the softer material of mushrooms. The hills need some work, yes.

Sapiento
09-18-2010, 09:24 AM
I got rid of the old trees and placed some mountains.

rdanhenry
09-19-2010, 02:32 AM
Gumdrop trees grow in the ocean? How does that work?

Sapiento
09-19-2010, 03:15 AM
Gumdrop trees grow in the ocean? How does that work?

It's WIP, they will 'drown' eventually. ;-)

Sapiento
10-04-2010, 11:51 AM
Towns, cities, castles and sage towers added.

Diamond
10-04-2010, 05:32 PM
"Sage Towers"? Are those seige engines that hurl scholars over castle walls? :D

Rythal
10-04-2010, 05:59 PM

finally, someone thought of a good use for scholars! :P

OT: I think you should put the building/city icons behind the trees... just some perspective issues

Aenigma
10-04-2010, 06:08 PM
Dude, it's Mushroom Kingdom! Where is Peach's castle?

Sapiento
10-05-2010, 02:32 AM

finally, someone thought of a good use for scholars! :P

OT: I think you should put the building/city icons behind the trees... just some perspective issues

What a fine idea! :D

I'll will put some trees above the building layer.

Dude, it's Mushroom Kingdom! Where is Peach's castle?

Super Mario, funny. I played it as child.

Aenigma
10-08-2010, 07:07 PM
Super Mario, funny. I played it as child.

Oh have some humour :D

On a serious note, I do like the colours of the map and I'm also wondering if you'll put a scale on the map later?

Sapiento
10-16-2010, 02:30 PM
I think trees and cities are finished. I added a first idea for a border and for a font.
I'm thinking about adding coat-of-arms for provinces.

Slylok
10-16-2010, 09:16 PM
Looks great! I like the feel of this map. Great colors and I think that font goes well with it. There is, however, one tower that looks like it should be behind two trees. It is located left of the large mountains just west of the center of the map.

Sapiento
10-17-2010, 01:19 AM
Looks great! I like the feel of this map. Great colors and I think that font goes well with it. There is, however, one tower that looks like it should be behind two trees. It is located left of the large mountains just west of the center of the map.

Thank you!
I spotted the tower, thanks.

Sapiento
11-30-2010, 11:54 AM
It has been some time that I worked on this map.

I added more details like fields and labels. I think some creatures might be a nice idea for this map.
The labeling causes me some headache, I try maybe white labels like the title.

Saule
12-07-2010, 04:34 AM
I really love this map, it looks amazing. I understand what you mean with the labels. I don't know how it'll look, but I would try white labels. The white bordes around black text don't really seem to work for this map.

Jaxilon
12-08-2010, 05:50 AM
Hehe, great map, I love the cartoonish feel. The colors go well with it and when I saw the first image in the thread I thought, wow, this would make a great background for a game of Centipede.

Sapiento
12-09-2010, 11:46 AM
Thanks, Saule and Jax!

I added some shields and changed the labels from black to white.

Sapiento
12-10-2010, 08:03 AM
I guess this piece is nearly finished.

Slylok
12-12-2010, 11:18 AM
This is a great map. I love the color scheme you used on it. All the details make it very interesting to look at. The only thing I would change is the opacity of the icons of the mer people and fish in the sea. They are too bold for my taste, but that's just me. Excellent map Sapiento :)