PDA

View Full Version : Hall of Honor - A 32x22 inch Skirmish map

AH Media Designs
09-15-2010, 10:02 PM
Here's another skirmish map I'm working on. It's heavily inspired by the Lost Temple map issued by Wizards of the Coast.
This is only the lo-res 72 DPI version of the map. I will soon be making the full Hi-res versions available for free download at my website, once I'm done with the site redesign.

Some of the artwork used in this map was downloaded from the Dundjinni user art forum. Source textures are from www.cgtextures.com, but heavily manipulated to suit the theme.

Jaxilon
09-17-2010, 05:32 AM
Real nice.

Ramah
09-17-2010, 07:22 AM
I know nothing about battle maps but this looks real nice to me. :) Some lovely textures in there.

tilt
09-17-2010, 09:10 AM
looking really good - nice work, I'd love to rep you for your first upload, but I'm all used up, so I'll wait for the high res version :)

JohnnyTrio
09-17-2010, 12:00 PM
Love the detail! Good shadows!

Reputation+1 :)

NeonKnight
09-17-2010, 12:06 PM
Well, Knowing D&D minis like I Know D&D Minis it is good. Is it a work in progress? It is far too open for a D&D Minis Map. It has the Magic Circle, but I notice no difficult terrain, Start or Victory areas, so maybe just an encounter area. It is interesting None the Less.

AH Media Designs
09-17-2010, 12:26 PM
Yes, it's still a WIP. For the final version I'll be adding more stuff like rubble, broken pillars and statues (difficult terrain). I'll also place a couple more walls for more strategy options. And more decorations like weapons, armor etc.
I just don't want it getting too cluttered and distracting.

I'll make two versions of the maps available, one with the start areas and terrain symbols and another without.

Thanks for the feedback so far!!