PDA

View Full Version : Tutorial Maps

Rookie
09-16-2010, 12:10 PM
Hello guys (and gals) :D I've been lurking around here for few days, and now I decided to post something.

Since I'm new to cartography and drawing maps of any kind i decided to make a map using each of the tutorials found around here.

for starters, i wanted to try making a map using that Zombie Nirvana guy's tutorial (forgot his name xD) on youtube. so here's half-finished map of some city-to-be for you to comment and criticize :D

I've just started on the buildings so if you have any suggestions, feel free to write them down for me :D thx

jtougas
09-16-2010, 12:15 PM
Looks good!! I like the "ripped parchment" style. Do the lines by the city represent water?

Redrobes
09-16-2010, 12:16 PM
Welcome and I think making a map using each of the tuts is a great idea. I will keep my eye on these to see how you get on.

Rookie
09-16-2010, 12:53 PM
yep, it will be water. if you watched the tutorials, you'd see that water is colored near the end (at least I think so).

Ascension
09-16-2010, 05:20 PM
Yeah, great idea...do the same map in the various tut styles. Pretty cool.

Rookie
09-17-2010, 02:59 AM
actually ... i don't think it'll be the same map, different style .. each tutorial gets it's special and unique map. it's just to try out the tutorials and find my way around PS. and then eventually develop my own style